Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Why did you use your doona on yom tov?
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

abound

Post Sun, May 28 2023, 10:19 am
Thanks! I did not realize how bad the doona was for my baby. I appreicate the advice.

amother
Sand

Post Sun, May 28 2023, 10:34 am
amother Lightgray wrote:
Kyh Poo poo poo. So glad you and your friends are wealthy. Or at least living like you are wealthy.

Disgusting post.

Yes, I am wealthy. Are you jealous? Tough luck.

(I got both my strollers as baby gifts but what do you know?)

amother
Sand

Post Sun, May 28 2023, 10:37 am
amother Tan wrote:
I didn't realize that we haven't left middle school but between OP post and this gem, I was wrong

Uch, so judgemental, it's really horrible.

Loads of people who travel frequently have Doonas, really no big deal.

The jealousy on this site is horrible.

I am glad I do not associate with people like you in real life.

amother
Teal

Post Sun, May 28 2023, 10:56 am
A doona is a one time payment of $600 for a year convenience. It's $50 a month, for making my life in and out of the car so much easier, running to babysitter, work etc. (And even less if you use it for more than one child) I don't understand how that's cool. I am not into cool and trendy, but I am into a superhero called The Yiddishe Mamme, making life easier for herself and this is one way I personally choose to do so.

amother
Fern

Post Sun, May 28 2023, 11:16 am
amother Sand wrote:
Uch, so judgemental, it's really horrible.

Loads of people who travel frequently have Doonas, really no big deal.

The jealousy on this site is horrible.

I am glad I do not associate with people like you in real life.

Um.

You were the one who came to post on here to make fun of people who think the Doona is 'cool'.

No need to cry victim now.

(Not the poster you were responding to and I don't even own a Doona, but still couldn't just let this go.)

amother
Sand

Post Sun, May 28 2023, 11:23 am
amother Fern wrote:
Um.

You were the one who came to post on here to make fun of people who think the Doona is 'cool'.

No need to cry victim now.

(Not the poster you were responding to and I don't even own a Doona, but still couldn't just let this go.)

No, I gave an honest answer to the OP.

You didn't like it?

Fine with me!

Don't twist my post around. I think this site is so snarky and rude, a simple post can be misread. Try to think of most posts as positive and helpful and you won't be reading it as a rude response.

amother
Fern

Post Sun, May 28 2023, 11:46 am
amother Sand wrote:
No, I gave an honest answer to the OP.

You didn't like it?

Fine with me!

Don't twist my post around. I think this site is so snarky and rude, a simple post can be misread. Try to think of most posts as positive and helpful and you won't be reading it as a rude response.

How was it an answer to OP? Or a useful addition to the discussion?

Her question was 'How come I saw so many people using Doonas on YT?'

And your reply was 'It really isn't cool to use a Doona like people on here seem to think it is.'

I'm not sure how to read that as a helpful response.

amother
Tulip

Post Sun, May 28 2023, 11:55 am
There's many reasons why people use their doona on shabbos and yt. I had a baby with a medical.condition (bh she is ok now) and she needed that position. Don't assume you know everything when you see one. Also, it's really none of someone else's business. Why somebody uses it. I happen to hate how it wheels but it was the best thing for my baby. She is two now and still naps in it.

Ema of 5

Post Sun, May 28 2023, 12:11 pm
amother OP wrote:
Wow thanks for sharing some reasons. I asked because I couldn’t think of a reason people would be using it.
What I noticed is that people are extremely defensive about their urr see using a doona even attacking others. I wonder why?
I personally don’t have a doona because I can’t afford it and I don’t see why I would need it.

Because why does it matter in the first place? Even without meaning to be judgmental, the question itself is judgmental. And look at the way people who agree with you are responding— “why don’t you put your baby in a more comfy stroller which I know you have at home” What business is it of yours, or anyone else’s? There is no reason to need to “genuinely understand” why someone uses a particular stroller.

amother
Sand

Post Sun, May 28 2023, 12:15 pm
amother Fern wrote:

And your reply was 'It really isn't cool to use a Doona like people on here seem to think it is.'

Check out this ongoing thread on ImaMother https://www.imamother.com/foru.....13729

Consensus on this site is just like those replies. OP's question was judgemental. Honestly, why would she care whether I use my Doona or not?

I gave a respectable response to why the Doona is not just a cool item but it's convenient just like other posters before me outlined.

I am finding this quite amusing. Why are you policing people's posts?

MYOB. Why do you and other women on this site find it so impossible to do?

Also, do not tell me what my intentions were when I know they were perfectly positive. It's people like you on this site that make it a nasty place.

Anyway, good bye rude lady.

Ema of 5

Post Sun, May 28 2023, 12:16 pm
amother Amethyst wrote:
Right. I don’t care what anyone else does but people may not realize how bad the position is for a baby’s spine. The curvature of thr seat is the safest for a baby in the car due to impact absorption etc, but they are supposed to be taken out as soon as you get home to allow for thr spine to straighten. It’s not self righteous, it’s fact. Looking forward to a generation of scoliosis kids

My baby throws up. Not spits up, throws up. He also gags on his own phlegm. Sometimes he sleeps in the car seat because I’m scared he will aspirate. There have been times when my husband needed to do the Heimlich on him in the middle of the night. Safety is relative.
For the record, I don’t own a doona, and until this baby, I’ve generally not allowed my kids to sleep in the car seat at home.

Ema of 5

Post Sun, May 28 2023, 12:19 pm
amother Amethyst wrote:
Lol- just wondering if the “most people she knows including herself” purchased those uncool $500 strollers and the fancier ones with their own hard earned money. And also pay for the rest of life’s expenses. Alternate universe lol

No judgement at all, right?

amother
Oak

Post Sun, May 28 2023, 12:32 pm
I used my doona because we needed 3 strollers. We used a doona, a joolz and an 30 year old Graco. And we walked very far.
But even if I didn't, and was doing a much closer walk, (so we wouldn't have needed the other 2 strollers) I probably would have still used it because I live a very in and out of the car oriented lifestyle, so even though we do have a full size stroller, it's stored in the attic and rarely used. We do use it in the summer when I'm in a more walking environment.

Anyway, as we were walking we passed a family that had kids in a shopping cart, and an umbrella stroller, where the kid was asleep completely falling over. I'm pretty sure my baby was more comfortable and safer in the doona. And boy was a grateful for the 30 year old Graco!

Let people do what they need to do with the circumstances that they have.

amother
Skyblue

Post Sun, May 28 2023, 12:44 pm
amother Fern wrote:

Under what context would knowing why others use the stroller they want to use be helpful? I’m wracking my brain here.

amother
Babyblue

Post Sun, May 28 2023, 12:45 pm
A few more OPs like this and I'm outta here. What's it your business, OP, what sort of conveyance people use for their baby? Are they costing you something? Are they demanding you do as they do? I'm sure there are things you do that annoy other people just as much as this issue annoys you. They don't have to live their lives to suit your prejudices.

amother
Springgreen

Post Sun, May 28 2023, 12:46 pm
amother Babyblue wrote:
A few more OPs like this and I'm outta here. What's it your business, OP, what sort of conveyance people use for their baby? Are they costing you something? Are they demanding you do as they do? I'm sure there are things you do that annoy other people just as much as this issue annoys you. They don't have to live their lives to suit your prejudices.

I agree.
Who cares?
What’s gonna be next-why did someone wear sneakers with a Shabbos dress?

amother
Lightgray

Post Sun, May 28 2023, 12:49 pm
amother Sand wrote:
Disgusting post.

Yes, I am wealthy. Are you jealous? Tough luck.

(I got both my strollers as baby gifts but what do you know?)

No it was your post that was disgusting. Insinuating there are a bunch of nebs who actually think a doona is a cool stroller. And you seem to think it is not a privilege to receive 500+ dollar strollers as gifts. Newsflash I and most women I know receive no gifts, a stretchy maybe? When they have a baby. Because they are self made. Do I wish I was financially independent (enough income from investments to support ourselves and children) and my husband and I could retire at 40? Yes. But a doona or two or a big house are not my financial dreams.

amother
Arcticblue

Post Sun, May 28 2023, 12:54 pm
Ema of 5 wrote:
Because why does it matter in the first place? Even without meaning to be judgmental, the question itself is judgmental. And look at the way people who agree with you are responding— “why don’t you put your baby in a more comfy stroller which I know you have at home” What business is it of yours, or anyone else’s? There is no reason to need to “genuinely understand” why someone uses a particular stroller.
I have every right to ask. Many posts on imamother are just trying to understand why ppl do certain things.
Is something wrong with the Doona that ppl become so defensive?

Ema of 5

Post Sun, May 28 2023, 1:13 pm
amother Arcticblue wrote:
I have every right to ask. Many posts on imamother are just trying to understand why ppl do certain things.

I never said you don’t have the right to ask, of course you do. You can ask anything you want. That doesn’t mean it’s your business, and you can judge people. It doesn’t mean that asking isn’t in and of itself a judgement. Nothing is wrong with the doona. People get defensive because of the judgement. Most people who are “just trying to understand” aren’t really being altruistic.

amother
Vanilla

Post Sun, May 28 2023, 1:15 pm
amother Arcticblue wrote:

Why did you use a stroller yum tov?
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics