Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Work from home-where to look

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 29 2023, 9:53 pm
I’m iyh due soon and would like to not go back to my current job. I’m not expecting to make the same money as a steady out of the house job but would like to bring in some income that would allow me to stay home with my baby. Or at least be around even if I have to hire someone eventually. I have no idea where to look. My job experience is in education and so I doubt that will translate into anything at home based. Any ideas? I know macher but haven’t seen anything.

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 30 2023, 11:45 am
Bump

amother
Turquoise

Post Tue, May 30 2023, 11:54 am
Would you consider taking in another kid or two to babysit?

Busybee5

Post Tue, May 30 2023, 11:55 am
Babysitting?

Amarante

Post Tue, May 30 2023, 11:56 am
I have no experience but have read about people who teach English through the internet. They seem to get their jobs through agencies

singleagain

Post Tue, May 30 2023, 12:07 pm
Tutoring... My brother tutors kids for the SATs ... From home online.

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 30 2023, 12:32 pm
Busybee5 wrote:
Babysitting?

I don’t think I would do that… I need more stimulation than that.

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 30 2023, 12:33 pm
My point in bringing up that I have an educational background is not that I davka want something related… I’m fact I think I don’t want something related just not sure what I can do with no other background

Amarante

Post Tue, May 30 2023, 1:31 pm
amother OP wrote:
My point in bringing up that I have an educational background is not that I davka want something related… I’m fact I think I don’t want something related just not sure what I can do with no other background

Well realistically if you have no skills what job would you apply for if you were working in THEIR location.

Keep in mind that many work from home jobs require you to work a certain schedule and expect you to have child care when you work just as you would if you were working in an office. On a simplest level, let us say you are customer service operator - you would be expected to be able to work without interruptions from a child.

Not sure why you don't want to use your educational background since it seems like the best way to make the most money and also have a schedule that you would set up since you could be teaching in other time zones when your husband would be available for child care - for example.

amother
Eggplant

Post Tue, May 30 2023, 2:47 pm
Are you tech-savvy?

amother
Trillium

Post Tue, May 30 2023, 4:05 pm
I'm not OP but I'm pretty tech savvy

amother
Smokey

Post Tue, May 30 2023, 4:10 pm
Not op either but I’m tech savvy.

amother
Petunia

Post Tue, May 30 2023, 4:48 pm
You have a degree in education? You could do online tutoring, as someone above mentioned. I used to really enjoy tutoring for tutor.com. Now I do textbook writing and editing which is great, but I started in-house. Found the job on indeed.com or monster.com, or something like that. I've also done test writing for apasseducation.com and a few other companies. If you don't have at least a BA, I'm not sure any of these would work though.

amother
Snow

Post Tue, May 30 2023, 4:52 pm
I would look on LinkedIn and Indeed.com for jobs in Educational Technology, those companies hire former teachers and a lot of them have remote/hybrid options, like the rest of corporate America.

amother
DarkYellow

Post Tue, May 30 2023, 5:16 pm
amother OP wrote:
I’m iyh due soon and would like to not go back to my current job. I’m not expecting to make the same money as a steady out of the house job but would like to bring in some income that would allow me to stay home with my baby. Or at least be around even if I have to hire someone eventually. I have no idea where to look. My job experience is in education and so I doubt that will translate into anything at home based. Any ideas? I know macher but haven’t seen anything.

Lol I could have written this exact post
Bshaa Tova and Hatzlacha!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics