Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Im scared!

luvsfun

Post Thu, Jul 03 2008, 10:41 pm
A couple of weeks ago we took ds to an airshow being that he was obsesed with airplanes. When the planes started flying they made really really loud noises & he became terrified & started screaming. We basically had to leave right away. Ever since that day, he has been scared of any noise, weather its a motorcycle, thunder, dog etc. He is afraid to go to sleep bec of noises & he sometimes wakes up with nightmares of airplanes. We are at our witts end with how to control this problem. I would love if anyone that has gone thru a similar situation can advise me with some tips.... Thanks in advance:)

anonymom

Post Thu, Jul 03 2008, 11:00 pm
When my son was 2 he was terrified of the vacuum and blender. He had sensory issues, which he mostly outgrew or learned to live with. He also had issues with clothing, crowds, mushy food, drooling.
BH, he is a very confident, competent teenager today.

Your son may be extra sensitive to loud noise, and it is not necessarily a result of the airplane show. It just happens that is when you first noticed it.

Good luck getting through this phase.

Butterfly

Post Thu, Jul 10 2008, 7:12 am
There are people who have certain energies to help children in your situation. My gd watched a fire burn down a house next door to where she lives., and since that incident had terrible fears and nightmares for almost 2 years.. Someone recommended to them to see an "EIYEN HORAH" person.. The person uses the same method to release the fears, as he uses to release an eiyen horah. They were very happy with the results. She stopped having her nightmares instantly.. was so unbelievable. I heard that in most cases it works miracles. I don't know where you live, but it might pay for you to look into this. In Israel there are many people doing it. In New York too.. You can PM to me for references.
Good luck
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics