Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Help planing trip to New Hampshire
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

doctorima

Post Tue, Jun 06 2023, 4:32 pm
I love NH! It's a great family-friendly place in the summer. Here's all the info you need about minyan, kosher, lodging, and attractions:

http://www.lincolnnhminyan.com/

amother
DarkRed

Post Tue, Jun 06 2023, 5:41 pm
doctorima wrote:
I love NH! It's a great family-friendly place in the summer. Here's all the info you need about minyan, kosher, lodging, and attractions:

So this PMR really has kosher food on site?

amother
Cyan

Post Tue, Jun 06 2023, 5:47 pm
doctorima wrote:

Since you were there before can you help me understand- I’m looking to book an Airbnb. The houses all seem to be in resorts. Does that make sense?

src6

Post Tue, Jun 06 2023, 6:30 pm
amother DarkRed wrote:

Yes, the have a trailer converted to a small grocery store, but it is not near Lincoln. It is in Bethlehem. We have stayed in both areas, both nice, although I personally thought Lincoln was more scenic. Not sure exactly but I think they're about 40 minutes apart

amother
Kiwi

Post Tue, Jun 06 2023, 6:50 pm
amother DarkRed wrote:

PMR has a small trailer with all the basic groceries, ice cream, nosh, etc. there was also some chicken if I remember correctly. In addition they had a large tent where they sell ready breakfasts and dinners. There are also tables to sit down and eat. Last year they also sold shabbos food packages that you ordered in advance.

amother
Cyan

Post Tue, Jun 06 2023, 7:21 pm
Where do you stay for shabbos?

smile1818

Post Tue, Jun 06 2023, 7:29 pm
Are the rooms in days inn nice? It looks like they have smallish rooms and very few suits and only mini fridges available

amother
Cyan

Post Tue, Jun 06 2023, 7:58 pm
smile1818 wrote:
Are the rooms in days inn nice? It looks like they have smallish rooms and very few suits and only mini fridges available

I heard that days inn has cottages too but I don’t think you can stay there for shabbos

amother
Cyan

Post Tue, Jun 06 2023, 8:50 pm
Can I count on there being a minyan in the village of loon on shabbos in august? Anyone know?

amother
Dandelion

Post Tue, Jun 06 2023, 8:50 pm
amother DarkRed wrote:

Yes! Frozen pizza and ice cream and yogurt...we also had the breakfast and suppers and my kids loved it!

doctorima

Post Tue, Jun 06 2023, 10:11 pm
amother Cyan wrote:
Since you were there before can you help me understand- I’m looking to book an Airbnb. The houses all seem to be in resorts. Does that make sense?

Most people rent condos/townhouses from one of the resorts in the area. There are a small number of private detached houses as well. We've stayed in both and would gladly do so again. The houses are more private, but also more expensive and don't come with the resort amenities.

doctorima

Post Tue, Jun 06 2023, 10:12 pm
amother Cyan wrote:
Can I count on there being a minyan in the village of loon on shabbos in august? Anyone know?

The weekday minyan will be at Days Inn, a 5-10 minute drive from Village of Loon. After Tisha B'Av, there will definitely be Shabbos minyanim in Village of Loon.

doctorima

Post Tue, Jun 06 2023, 10:14 pm
smile1818 wrote:

They're smaller and not nearly as nice as the condos where most people stay. The main reason to be there is to be walking distance to the weekday minyan, and to use the separate hours at the pool, which to my knowledge doesn't exist anywhere else, at least officially. Some people also use Wyndham points to stay at Days Inn, but if you're paying cash, you're likely better off elsewhere.

amother
Cyan

Post Tue, Jun 06 2023, 10:27 pm
doctorima- I might be staying in days inn cottage… I know it’s not fancy but do you think I’m making a mistake? I just thought it would be easier for minyanim, location and the pool..
Please be honest

amother
Dahlia

Post Tue, Jun 06 2023, 10:28 pm
doctorima wrote:
Most people rent condos/townhouses from one of the resorts in the area. There are a small number of private detached houses as well. We've stayed in both and would gladly do so again. The houses are more private, but also more expensive and don't come with the resort amenities.

Where can you find the houses? I only know about the condos

amother
Cyan

Post Wed, Jun 07 2023, 12:04 am
doctorima wrote:
The weekday minyan will be at Days Inn, a 5-10 minute drive from Village of Loon. After Tisha B'Av, there will definitely be Shabbos minyanim in Village of Loon.

How do people work out staying in an Airbnb like the village of Loon on shabbos? Most of the properties have smart locks. What is the solution?

smile1818

Post Wed, Jun 07 2023, 7:50 am
I usually stay in hotels? If you stay in a condo I’m assuming there is no housekeeping.what do people do when they need more towels?

amother
Cyan

Post Wed, Jun 07 2023, 7:55 am
smile1818 wrote:
I usually stay in hotels? If you stay in a condo I’m assuming there is no housekeeping.what do people do when they need more towels?

A condo has a washer and dryer. You can wash your towels and laundry yourself.

amother
Gardenia

Post Wed, Jun 07 2023, 8:07 am
We stayed in a condo in Loon Village several years ago. There was no air conditioning which is a common issue in NH so check that out before booking!

doctorima

Post Wed, Jun 07 2023, 9:03 am
amother Dahlia wrote:
Where can you find the houses? I only know about the condos

We found ours on Homeaway, which is similar to AirBNB and VRBO. I believe these sites allow you to filter your results based on housing type, so you could specify only homes and not condos and see what comes up. The homes tend to be larger and more expensive than the condos though.
Page 2 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics