Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Smoke in monsey (and all over NY/NJ) and smell of fire
  Previous  1  2  3 23  24  25 29  30  31  Next

fleetwood

Post Thu, Jun 08 2023, 3:39 am
dankbar wrote:
I went out with a mask, but I got a headache and burning around my mouth.

My dgtr has a trip to an outdoor zoo tomm. I wonder how it will be outside, shes always has congestion and diff breathing due to allergies plus shes on meds for illness. I think I wont send her.

Zoos closed Wednesday. They probably will close today too.

amother
NeonPurple

Post Thu, Jun 08 2023, 3:50 am
amother Bergamot wrote:
A voice of sanity seriously
Excellent question

Any of this really make any sense? Even if there are fires in Canada ?

(If anyone or any official narrative starts blaming it on global warming Erm climate change don’t know if I’ll laugh or cry.. maybe I shouldn’t give anyone any ideas…)

I remember it happening last year in Maryland, although it wasn't very bad. This isn't the first time fires in Canada has affected other states, although this certainly seems to be the worst. But let's not get paranoid.

cbsp

Post Thu, Jun 08 2023, 4:20 am
Ema of 5 wrote:
Hochul mentioned it

Gov Murphy as well.

Via:
https://nj.gov/governor/news/n.....shtml

“My team is in close coordination with the State Department of Environmental Protection as we vigilantly monitor the effects of the Canadian wildfires on air quality in our state. As conditions worsen statewide, I strongly urge all sensitive individuals – including those with heart or lung disease, the elderly, and the young – to stay safe and limit strenuous activities and the amount of time active outdoors today. Make no mistake, from the wildfires in Canada to those cropping up with increasing frequency and severity in our own backyard, these extreme weather events are tangible – and devastating – evidence of the intensifying climate crisis. As the New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection’s Forest Fire Service works tirelessly to protect our residents and properties across the state, we will continue to do our own part by pursuing the bold action our climate reality demands.”

amother
Winterberry

Post Thu, Jun 08 2023, 4:43 am
OMG my weather app here in Baltimore says 364! Did the air quality get that high in NY yesterday?

I’m gonna figure out how to change all the AC filters today!

amother
Dahlia

Post Thu, Jun 08 2023, 5:39 am
amother Winterberry wrote:
OMG my weather app here in Baltimore says 364! Did the air quality get that high in NY yesterday?

I’m gonna figure out how to change all the AC filters today!

Yes it was that high in NYC yesterday. I believe it was in the 400s at one point! Lakewood was in the mid 300s last night.

tweety1

Post Thu, Jun 08 2023, 5:42 am
It's 215 now but the smell is still awful. Hopefully the numbers won't rise again.

dancingqueen

Post Thu, Jun 08 2023, 5:51 am
Have you all not heard of all the increasing devastating forest fires over the last few years? It absolutely has to do with global warming.

amother
Milk

Post Thu, Jun 08 2023, 5:56 am
dancingqueen wrote:
Have you all not heard of all the increasing devastating forest fires over the last few years? It absolutely has to do with global warming.

Quebec has recorded normal precipitation and temperatures the last 30 days. Blaming the fires on “climate change” is willfully ignoring the facts.

Iymnok

Post Thu, Jun 08 2023, 5:57 am
dancingqueen wrote:

Or it has to do with silly laws that prevent proper forest care and health that were instituted in the name of "protecting the environment".

amother
Orchid

Post Thu, Jun 08 2023, 6:21 am
amother Milk wrote:
Quebec has recorded normal precipitation and temperatures the last 30 days. Blaming the fires on “climate change” is willfully ignoring the facts.

The weather over the past 30 days has nothing to do with climate change.

amother
Jade

Post Thu, Jun 08 2023, 6:23 am
Iymnok wrote:
Or it has to do with silly laws that prevent proper forest care and health that were instituted in the name of "protecting the environment".

THIS.

Instead of leaving a perimeter every set amount of space as as has always been done in forests, which would prevent fires from growing out of control, they refuse because...cutting down trees bad. This is the sad result.

amother
Stoneblue

Post Thu, Jun 08 2023, 6:23 am
amother Bergamot wrote:
A voice of sanity seriously
Excellent question

Any of this really make any sense? Even if there are fires in Canada ?

(If anyone or any official narrative starts blaming it on global warming Erm climate change don’t know if I’ll laugh or cry.. maybe I shouldn’t give anyone any ideas…)

How does it not make sense? Fires make smoke. The smoke travels.

amother
Stoneblue

Post Thu, Jun 08 2023, 6:24 am
amother Jade wrote:
THIS.

Instead of leaving a perimeter every set amount of space as as has always been done in forests, which would prevent fires from growing out of control, they refuse because...cutting down trees bad. This is the sad result.

What on earth are you talking about?

amother
Mintgreen

Post Thu, Jun 08 2023, 6:25 am
the above comment is so indicative of the lack of education some of us experience. Just google "why do we need trees". "why is it bad to cut down trees".

Google is your friend.

amother
Stoneblue

Post Thu, Jun 08 2023, 6:30 am
amother Mintgreen wrote:
the above comment is so indicative of the lack of education some of us experience. Just google "why do we need trees". "why is it bad to cut down trees".

Google is your friend.

Are you talking to me?

dancingqueen

Post Thu, Jun 08 2023, 6:31 am
amother Milk wrote:

Honestly, pretending that horrible and increasing forest fires are the new normal based on hotter dryer conditions is willfully ignoring the facts.

rmbg

Post Thu, Jun 08 2023, 6:34 am
amother Stoneblue wrote:
How does it not make sense? Fires make smoke. The smoke travels.

Not like this. This is not smoke.

amother
Jade

Post Thu, Jun 08 2023, 6:35 am
amother Mintgreen wrote:

Google is your friend.

Is it your position that forest fires are better??

Java

Post Thu, Jun 08 2023, 6:36 am
rmbg wrote:

Oh my God
You're right
How did none of us realize this before
Alert the CDC, WHO, DOD immediately
It's clearly chemical warfare from North Korea
Thank you rmbg!!!!!!! Everyone please please daven hard for Mashiach

amother
Stoneblue

Post Thu, Jun 08 2023, 6:37 am
rmbg wrote:

Chemical warfare?
Page 24 of 31   Previous  1  2  3 23  24  25 29  30  31  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries