Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
How can I help my underweight kids gain weight
Previous  1  2

amother
Acacia

Post Thu, Jun 08 2023, 3:47 pm
The best way to increase calories is drinking them
Make them chocolate milkshakes/smoothies using heavy cream and full fat milk
You Can trying adding tehina, they may like the taste, or try hemp seeds, almonds or other nuts and/or seeds blended smoothly in

When my sis and I were little my mom use to give ups malt mixed with sweetened condensed milk. Not sure if that’s just empty calories.

Maybe they need a meal shake like ENSURE

YounginBP

Post Thu, Jun 08 2023, 4:57 pm
amother OP wrote:
Thank you these are good ideas. They do like milk fortunately. I make their lunches every day. We live in Israel. They like pita sandwiches and I rotate between cucumbers/peppers/olives as a veggie and grapes/apples/cherries/melon whatever is in season for a fruit. They are pretty picky even with cakes. We need to work on breakfast. One eats cereal everyday and the other one eats tea biscuits.

They won't do a ww bread with tuna, eggs etc for breakfast
Greek Yogurt and granola
Oatmeal with slices of apples or banana or craisins or if all else fails choco chips

Honestly, I don't see why it's a great idea to serve kids heavy cream and chocolate milk and to deep fry foods daily.
Keep to natural good for you fats like avocado and nuts.

devorah1231

Post Thu, Jun 08 2023, 6:05 pm
YounginBP wrote:
They won't do a ww bread with tuna, eggs etc for breakfast
Greek Yogurt and granola
Oatmeal with slices of apples or banana or craisins or if all else fails choco chips

Honestly, I don't see why it's a great idea to serve kids heavy cream and chocolate milk and to deep fry foods daily.
Keep to natural good for you fats like avocado and nuts.

Most picky kids won't eat these things. If they will of course that's amazing.
If your children are underweight then the fat is the most important thing. Most kids age out of chocolate milk at some point, and if the oil becomes unnecessary you can switch to baking instead of frying.

Personally I only had 1 kid at a time who needed the calories so temporarily added to his food alone. My skinny one is still scrawny so I let him indulge more than my others but the doc isn't alarmed anymore so I don't worry now.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics