Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Best machine for challah
Previous  1  2

amother
Purple

Post Thu, Jun 08 2023, 11:24 pm
amother OP wrote:
Is it harder because of more pieces? Bosch has grooves and hard-to-get-to places. I want something I can take apart easily.

The only part I find hard to wash with the Bosch is the lid. In the “Hacks” thread someone said to put the lid in a ziplock . Haven’t tried it but it may be a good solution. Magic Mill has the roller, the scraper and the bowl. All have crevices and are hard to clean.

asmileaday

Post Thu, Jun 08 2023, 11:25 pm
WitchKitty wrote:
What rubber piece? I have my bosch for 8 years and I have no idea what you're talking about.
I don't put in more than a kilo of flour at a time, though. More than that you would need an industrial mixer.
And with that amount the cover is fine too.

Isn't a kilo like 2.2 lbs? That's very little. The Bosch easily holds my recipe that calls for 5lbs of flour.

asmileaday

Post Thu, Jun 08 2023, 11:26 pm
amother Purple wrote:
The only part I find hard to wash with the Bosch is the lid. In the “Hacks” thread someone said to put the lid in a ziplock . Haven’t tried it but it may be a good solution. Magic Mill has the roller, the scraper and the bowl. All have crevices and are hard to clean.

If you wash it right away it's not hard at all. I don't use anything more than a regular sponge and the spray feature on my faucet. Super easy.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jun 09 2023, 11:49 am
asmileaday wrote:
What bowl were you using that it had grooves? The white one?
The stainless steel bowl with the hook that attaches to the bottom (not with a cylinder in the middle) has no grooves anywhere.

If I wash it right away before any bits of dough dries it's a breeze.
I've replaced the rubber gasket around the base only twice over the 18+ years I have the machine. I don't take apart the white plastic ring on the bottom every time I wash it, only when I needed to change the rubber.

How many lbs of flour are you using that you need to hold down the machine? I use 5lbs without issues.

I do have the older model. White bowl has the grooves ( I use toothpicks when washing) and also small holes near the metal base. Liquids n stuff can get inside. I unscrew it twice a year, and its disgusting inside.

The metal bowl also has the rubber band between the plastic ring. When that tears, liquids will leak out. I do unscrew it often to clean it properly. (Water seeps in)

I usually do 5 lbs. at a time....

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jun 09 2023, 11:50 am
I saw the Wondermill machine for much cheaper. Anyone know the differences?
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen