Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Smoke in monsey (and all over NY/NJ) and smell of fire
  Previous  1  2  3 27  28 29  30  31  Next

amother
Nasturtium

Post Sun, Jun 11 2023, 11:21 am
It smells like fire here in NJ

613mitzvahgirl

Post Sun, Jun 11 2023, 11:57 am
There was a partial bridge collapse near Philadelphia , and a huge fire, that’s probably now what you’re smelling..

realsilver

Post Sun, Jun 11 2023, 12:02 pm
the smoke is going to come back. the winds are changing.

amother
Opal

Post Sun, Jun 11 2023, 12:02 pm
realsilver wrote:
the smoke is going to come back. the winds are changing.

Crying

613mitzvahgirl

Post Sun, Jun 11 2023, 12:17 pm
Please don’t scare anyone.. we have to remember HaShem is the only One who can decide this, not anyone.. so please just keep davening and keep the fear away please.. thank you

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 11 2023, 12:19 pm
613mitzvahgirl wrote:
Please don’t scare anyone.. we have to remember HaShem is the only One who can decide this, not anyone.. so please just keep davening and keep the fear away please.. thank you

It’s not scaring it’s being realistic. Of course Hashem is in charge. You’re still allowed to believe and repeat what the meteorologists tell us. Realsilver do you have a source? Where do you take this from?

giftedmom

Post Sun, Jun 11 2023, 12:21 pm
The numbers are going up. Hopefully it doesn’t get as bad as it was last week.

613mitzvahgirl

Post Sun, Jun 11 2023, 12:25 pm
A partial bridge collapsed on Philadelphia from a truck and caused a lot of smoke and that’s probably what you’re smelling.. and Iyh it’s supposed to rain tonight and tmrw in New York City so that will iyh take away a lot of the firey smell

amother
Violet

Post Sun, Jun 11 2023, 12:34 pm
I have a young child with asthma (Pulmonary issues), and a newborn baby. I was thinking of going with my kids to my sons friend's carnival this afternoon. Should I be concerned and hold back from going?

Last edited by amother on Sun, Jun 11 2023, 12:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Lemonchiffon

Post Sun, Jun 11 2023, 12:39 pm
613mitzvahgirl wrote:

Why is it comforting that hashem will decide this? Isn't it a fact that often times hashem has allowed terrible tragedy to befall frum jews?

I just don't see your point about hashem.

OceanRider

Post Sun, Jun 11 2023, 12:42 pm
amother Lemonchiffon wrote:
Why is it comforting that hashem will decide this? Isn't it a fact that often times hashem has allowed terrible tragedy to befall frum jews?

I just don't see your point about hashem.

My thoughts exactly

amother
Mistyrose

Post Sun, Jun 11 2023, 12:46 pm
amother Jade wrote:
AQI back up in the 70s in the NYC area. Anyone know if this is normal pollution? I never checked it before last week.

Nyc I heard normally worst # is maximum 50, on bad days. I'm inclined to start believing the conspiracy theorists at this point. It's nasty and disgusting the air, and smoke rises. Its just so gross. If they are right again they need to be renamed conspiracy unearthers.

thunter

Post Sun, Jun 11 2023, 12:46 pm
Is there any way to sort of “clear up my lungs”? Any bath or drink?

613mitzvahgirl

Post Sun, Jun 11 2023, 12:49 pm
I brought up HaShem Bc He’s the only one that can help us snd change things, not some ppl like you who like to scare ppl.. so we have to remember that….

amother
Blush

Post Sun, Jun 11 2023, 12:51 pm
613mitzvahgirl wrote:
I brought up HaShem Bc He’s the only one that can help us snd change things, not some ppl like you who like to scare ppl.. so we have to remember that….

Of course! I think people are reacting to the way this is phrased.. it almost feels like ur saying it in a compulsive way?

613mitzvahgirl

Post Sun, Jun 11 2023, 1:06 pm
Nope.. chas vsholom.. I’m so sorry everyone that I’m so sensitive.. I’m so sorry if I hurt anyone.. please moichel

GLUE

Post Sun, Jun 11 2023, 1:08 pm
thunter wrote:
Is there any way to sort of “clear up my lungs”? Any bath or drink?

A hot shower with a lot of steam might help.

Steam, a boiling cup of water put a towel over your head and hold the cup under your nose.

amother
Lemonchiffon

Post Sun, Jun 11 2023, 1:10 pm
613mitzvahgirl wrote:

I just don't understand why bring up hashem. Maybe hashem is bringing this as a plague to kill us. Or maybe not. Imagine if before the holocaust the jews said, don't worry because hashem is in charge.

Sorry, I'm a logical thinker. Not trying to start anything.

amother
Oleander

Post Sun, Jun 11 2023, 1:12 pm
amother Lemonchiffon wrote:
I just don't understand why bring up hashem. Maybe hashem is bringing this as a plague to kill us. Or maybe not. Imagine if before the holocaust the jews said, don't worry because hashem is in charge.

Sorry, I'm a logical thinker. Not trying to start anything.

Maybe, but even than it's still for our best and worrying will certainly not help!

amother
Bergamot

Post Sun, Jun 11 2023, 1:52 pm
What are the numbers in NY now and what is the forecast for the air?
Page 28 of 31   Previous  1  2  3 27  28 29  30  31  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries