Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Important High School (Mesivta) question
Previous  1  2

Did you have a hard time getting your Aleph plus son who needs shiur Beis into Yeshiva?
Yes  
 60%  [ 6 ]
No  
 40%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 10

amother
Ivory

Post Mon, Jun 12 2023, 7:49 pm
OP- I was thinking about you. Did you find a place for your son?

mha3484

Post Mon, Jun 12 2023, 8:20 pm
OP did you write the letter to the editor in mishpacha this past week?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 12 2023, 9:28 pm
Thx for thinking of me. To stay anon - yes we did find a place out of town BH And yes I wrote that letter. I mean every word - our Chinuch system MUST change! Thx for reading and all the support and help here.

mha3484

Post Mon, Jun 12 2023, 9:32 pm
amother OP wrote:
Thx for thinking of me. To stay anon - yes we did find a place out of town BH And yes I wrote that letter. I mean every word - our Chinuch system MUST change! Thx for reading and all the support and help here.

I wish I could pm you. I think we are from the same city and your letter was outstanding. I told my neighbor I wish I could tell the writer in person that.

amother
Yarrow

Post Mon, Jun 12 2023, 9:35 pm
amother OP wrote:

Is this opinion piece referencing your letter OP?

https://mishpacha.com/the-alef.....nuch/

The labels “beis bochur” and “beis yeshivah” have become so commonplace that we repeat them with nary a thought of the damage they may have on those bochurim and mosdos — because once something is labeled, it’s done. Once a bochur sees himself as “sug beis,” that becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy.

I was recently shown a submission to this magazine, a terribly painful piece describing a community in which there are several mesivtas competing for the best bochurim — the sug alefs — and each mesivta refuses to open a second class for weaker students to avoid being labeled the “sug beis” yeshivah. There are now many bochurim in that community without a local mesivta to attend. What a travesty!

Looks like you got some good momentum going. Kol hakavod. Maybe it will get the wheels of change turning.

amother
Ivory

Post Mon, Jun 12 2023, 9:36 pm
Will your son be attending one of the mesivtas that someone mentioned (either on this thread or another)?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 12 2023, 10:16 pm
Yes the article by Rabbi Neuberger is what I based my letter off of and my personal experience.

In my city many have texted me to thank me for the letter, I have advocated a lot and I think people just knew… but for an international magazine I felt I owed it to my son to stay anon….

It’s been a very difficult time and I just Daven and hope that he will be happy in his Yeshiva and that Klal Yisroel can grow and stretch. Boxes only fit squares… but my son is a star.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics