Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
50th bday gift ideas
Previous  1  2

amother
NeonPurple

Post Tue, Jun 13 2023, 12:01 am
Good Friend wrote:
We just recently got my parents a family celebration board. Has the name in big on a board in a fancy font with a floral design, with all the months of the year written along the board. Hanging down are wooden circles with each child and grandchild's name and birthday, hung under the month of the person's birthday (also includes anniversaries of the marrieds). Some months have a long chain of circles hanging down, others have shorter. We bought it with a bunch of extra circles so as the family grows bezH we can hang on more circles. Definitely well within your budget, hopefully not too cheap (between $50-150)

We did this out of mirror acrylic, it’s really beautiful.
The person who made it is local to us, so we can get more discs made as we need. And the way they connect makes it very easy to add.

What about a photo shoot with the whole family?

A flower subscription for flowers to be delivered every shabbos?

amother
Yarrow

Post Tue, Jun 13 2023, 12:06 am
I like the idea of an upgrade for flights - especially if you have enough to bump her to business class.

Or a spa day.

amother
Wine

Post Tue, Jun 13 2023, 6:25 am
I'm a Mom in her 50s. I like the flight upgrade idea. Getting that bump up from coach makes all the difference to comfort when flying. Is she planning a trip? You might not need the whole $1000. You could do a "trip enhancement" like the seat upgrade, a tour in the destination city, and nice dinner out. Depending on the destination, the seat upgrade might be $500, tour or activity $300 and dinner $200. I also sent flowers when my parents were traveling for an anniversary/big birthday and that made it special (email the hotel where they are staying for suggestions or to arrange).

In the alternative, what about a family photo session and a photo book for your Mom? You could also have a family experience together such as hiring a driver to take a van and the family for a family nostalgia tour. We did this with my father and father in law. They were able to show the grandchildren their school, shul, house, neighborhood, and where their family business was located. We all went out for ice cream and later to eat together as well. Took lots of photos and it was very meaningful. You could make a grandma/bubbe nostalgia quiz for the kids. That way, it becomes all about honoring her and passing on memories.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics