Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices -> Social Media
Any influencers who don't wear unlined lace top sheitels

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 27 2023, 9:40 am
Lined, lace front, or skintop.

Thanks

anonymous mom

Post Tue, Jun 27 2023, 10:18 am
Raizyscookin (Raizy Fried)
Peaslovencarrots (Danielle Renov)

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 27 2023, 10:18 am
anonymous mom wrote:
Raizyscookin (Raizy Fried)
Peaslovencarrots (Danielle Renov)

Thank you!

amother
Lightyellow

Post Tue, Jun 27 2023, 10:19 am
How can you tell if someones lacetop is lined or not?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 27 2023, 10:26 am
amother Lightyellow wrote:
How can you tell if someones lacetop is lined or not?

I hear your point. I'm basically just looking for more accounts to follow that share my tznius standards. Sometimes online it can feel like I'm the only one...

amother
Cyclamen

Post Tue, Jun 27 2023, 11:02 am
Op, there are lots of women who dress tzniyusdik. They are not online as 'influencers'. Showing videos of yourself and sharing pictures of your menu/kids/spouse/tablescape... is not tzniyus by definition! The type of people you are looking up to, are busy with their personal lives, families and friends-not flaunting them on instagram.

amother
Lightyellow

Post Tue, Jun 27 2023, 11:18 am
amother OP wrote:
I hear your point. I'm basically just looking for more accounts to follow that share my tznius standards. Sometimes online it can feel like I'm the only one...

Why dont you just assume that everyone you see that looks like lace top has it lined? Then wstch them, and if they say or do something objectionable then dont follow them based on that

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 27 2023, 11:20 am
amother Cyclamen wrote:
Op, there are lots of women who dress tzniyusdik. They are not online as 'influencers'. Showing videos of yourself and sharing pictures of your menu/kids/spouse/tablescape... is not tzniyus by definition! The type of people you are looking up to, are busy with their personal lives, families and friends-not flaunting them on instagram.

True. And I should really get off of Instagram. I'm not there right now. While I'm there though I can try and surround myself with those who are better for my tznius and ruchnius.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Tue, Jun 27 2023, 11:25 am
I don’t think you can really know if somebody’s wig is lined or not lined based on their Instagram photos but you can tell if a persons clothing is to your standard or not. So perhaps you should only follow people whose clothing as to your standard, and assume that their sheitel is lined as well.

A tip: I did not think that I could make a break from Instagram completely. However, a few weeks ago, after speaking with a friend who had left Instagram, I removed Instagram from my phone, meaning, the website is blocked, and I don’t have the app. It has been very helpful in reducing the amount of time and exposure I was getting on Instagram. So if you’re not ready to give it up, maybe you can figure out a way of limiting it.

amother
Lightyellow

Post Tue, Jun 27 2023, 11:30 am
amother OP wrote:
True. And I should really get off of Instagram. I'm not there right now. While I'm there though I can try and surround myself with those who are better for my tznius and ruchnius.

I understand you, I promise. I do think its a good idea to surround yourself with people who are better for your tznius and ruchniyus.
I think im just getting annoyed because my Rav holds an unlined lace top is halachicly fine (I asked him). So by your metric, anyone in his klal who asked and wears an unlined lace top, even though they cover elbows and knees and are super refined and are not even on instagram and are wonderful people with the kindest personalities and huge baalei chessed, are no longer good for you to surround yourself by.
Why dont we also ask how they kasher their oven between milchig and fleishig, before following on instagram.
Im sorry. I just dont think this singling out Jews based on shaitels is the correct approach.
I mean this kindly, I think you should forget the shaitel, assume theyre wearing lined (or if not, that their Rav holds its fine), and evaluate them based on their behavior and content. If they behave in an untzniusdki fashion or speak about untzniusdik things, dont follow them based on that.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 27 2023, 11:31 am
amother Pumpkin wrote:
I don’t think you can really know if somebody’s wig is lined or not lined based on their Instagram photos but you can tell if a persons clothing is to your standard or not. So perhaps you should only follow people whose clothing as to your standard, and assume that their sheitel is lined as well.

A tip: I did not think that I could make a break from Instagram completely. However, a few weeks ago, after speaking with a friend who had left Instagram, I removed Instagram from my phone, meaning, the website is blocked, and I don’t have the app. It has been very helpful in reducing the amount of time and exposure I was getting on Instagram. So if you’re not ready to give it up, maybe you can figure out a way of limiting it.

Thank you, good advice especially about removing it on my phone..

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 27 2023, 11:32 am
I understand you, I promise. I do think its a good idea to surround yourself with people who are better for your tznius and ruchniyus.
I think im just getting annoyed because my Rav holds an unlined lace top is halachicly fine (I asked him). So by your metric, anyone in his klal who asked and wears an unlined lace top, even though they cover elbows and knees and are super refined and are not even on instagram and are wonderful people with the kindest personalities and huge baalei chessed, are no longer good for you to surround yourself by.
Why dont we also ask how they kasher their oven between milchig and fleishig, before following on instagram.
Im sorry. I just dont think this singling out Jews based on shaitels is the correct approach.
I mean this kindly, I think you should forget the shaitel, assume theyre wearing lined (or if not, that their Rav holds its fine), and evaluate them based on their behavior and content. If they behave in an untzniusdki fashion or speak about untzniusdik things, dont follow them based on that.

I hear. The thing is is that I'm not tempted to change how I kasher my oven between milchig and fleishig. I'm swayed by the sheitels and other tznius standards

Thank you for your post though. It leaves food for thought.

amother
Lightyellow

Post Tue, Jun 27 2023, 11:36 am
amother OP wrote:
I hear. The thing is is that I'm not tempted to change how I kasher my oven between milchig and fleishig. I'm swayed by the sheitels and other tznius standards

Thank you for your post though. It leaves food for thought.

I hear you.
So if it a matter of not wanting to be tempted to wear unlined lace tops then just assume they all lined theirs. (Honestly so many people do just because of the convenience of not having to put makeup on the hairline, its so much easier to just line it)

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 27 2023, 11:38 am
I hear you.
So if it a matter of not wanting to be tempted to wear unlined lace tops then just assume they all lined theirs. (Honestly so many people do just because of the convenience of not having to put makeup on the hairline, its so much easier to just line it)

Thanks.

alibaba1

Post Tue, Jun 27 2023, 11:41 am
I didnt think I could ever leave instagram, even limiting my time on it I somehow managed to find a way around it. I kept telling myself that I need it for the business. Then the unthinkable happened , someone hacked into my business account and we couldnt retrieve all the followers we had. It was very very hard in the beginning. I felt like a drug addict that I just needed the unwinding time on instagram. Took me a good six weeks, felt lonely and just overall "down" . But chasdei hashem im on the other side now, and I can say my life is so much better now. Im more concentrated around people, my family etc. I did re install a new account on my computer, not on my phone . Where I only follow the businesses relevant for my own business research. No more influencers etc. Just sharing in case this might give the courage to anyone else to kick off from their instagram addiction. Good luck !!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices -> Social Media