Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Water park for whole family
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6

amother
Amber

Post Wed, Jun 28 2023, 12:09 pm
amother Vermilion wrote:
LOL not a preachy post at all- what, are you a spy for the Lakewood schools?- give me a break

Not a spy - but someone who has a family member who was kicked out and needed a LOT of help getting back in because of something like this.

Wouldn't want anyone to go thru that hell. I moved out of Lakewood for a reason - but pretending that Lakewood schools don't do things like that and using that as part of your decison making is silly.

Sure - maybe thy wont find out, but kids talk, and if they do find out and you send to certain schools (specifically the schools that are trying to fight the perception that they are "modern") there could be backlash

amother
Vermilion

Post Wed, Jun 28 2023, 12:16 pm
amother Amber wrote:
Not a spy - but someone who has a family member who was kicked out and needed a LOT of help getting back in because of something like this.

Wouldn't want anyone to go thru that hell. I moved out of Lakewood for a reason - but pretending that Lakewood schools don't do things like that and using that as part of your decison making is silly.

Sure - maybe thy wont find out, but kids talk, and if they do find out and you send to certain schools (specifically the schools that are trying to fight the perception that they are "modern") there could be backlash

Oh, wow, okay- that's sad. I'm glad for you that you moved out of that type of toxic culture....

I personally grew up quite yeshivish (in Flatbush) but when we settled down as adults we moved to the Five Towns area because the guidance of Rabbi Bender is so Torah-based and the community is not full of the shtusim that other communities are busy with. I wouldn't be happy in a community built on fear and reputation and the pressure to take on extra chumras so you can pat yourself on the back for being the frummest- instead of genuine, growth oriented, halacha sourced, non judgemental Yiddishkeit, which is why we feel comfortable in this community.

The culture of taking on extra and extra chumras LOL- so toxic for the children to grow up in, in my humble opinion.

amother
Cinnamon

Post Wed, Jun 28 2023, 12:28 pm
amother Vermilion wrote:
Oh, wow, okay- that's sad. I'm glad for you that you moved out of that type of toxic culture....

I personally grew up quite yeshivish (in Flatbush) but when we settled down as adults we moved to the Five Towns area because the guidance of Rabbi Bender is so Torah-based and the community is not full of the shtusim that other communities are busy with. I wouldn't be happy in a community built on fear and reputation and the pressure to take on extra chumras so you can pat yourself on the back for being the frummest- instead of genuine, growth oriented, halacha sourced, non judgemental Yiddishkeit, which is why we connected with Rabbi Bender's hashkafah. (Also, my husband and I are from Yekke backgrounds which I think contributes to us feeling innately uncomfortable with extreme positions.)

The culture of taking on extra and extra chumras LOL- so toxic for the children to grow up in, in my humble opinion.

Do you feel better now?
After bashing whole communities that you're not even part of.

amother
Vermilion

Post Wed, Jun 28 2023, 12:55 pm
amother Cinnamon wrote:
Do you feel better now?
After bashing whole communities that you're not even part of.

Oy vey, I guess you're not following the thread closely. I was responding to Amother Amber, who did live in the community and shared certain things about it. I didn't bring up any community.
Page 6 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries