Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
2 year old climbing out of crib!

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Sat, Nov 04 2006, 11:15 pm
I know it's time to get him a bed...meanwhile, he climbs out and falls asleep on a mattress on his bedroom floor.
I wouldn't mind that, except I can't keep track of him!
It's 11:15 pm and I kept going in to check on him and he kept touching things in his room. Finally I put him back in his crib and told him to stay there...we'll see!
But my big problem is that in the morning he wakes up and leaves his room. The past few days I've luckily heard him...he doesn't come to me, but goes to touch CDs or whatever in the living room. He could do something dangerous if I don't wake up!
What should I do? Lock him IN his room?

micki

Post Sat, Nov 04 2006, 11:18 pm
put up a see thru baby gate on his bedroom door.
I know someone who installed a screen door with a lock on it onthe bedroom.
easy to get in if needed (cause its locked) and it kept the boy in!

Chayary

Post Mon, Nov 06 2006, 8:25 am
I never used one, but I know a few people who swear by crib tents...kids can't climb out when you use one.

ShiraMiri

Post Mon, Nov 06 2006, 10:36 am
I love crib tents. I used it with my last toddler and still have it up
with my baby even though he isn't climbing out yet!

http://store.babycenter.com/pr.....446-2

timeout

Post Mon, Nov 06 2006, 12:33 pm
One night my 2-1/2 yo climbed out of her crib and since then it's a big joke she does it every time she wants out.

Today B'h we are getting bunk beds at least I won't worry about her falling out of there Smile

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Mon, Nov 06 2006, 9:50 pm
Ok - problem solved for now. Smile My husband drilled holes to make the mattress even lower than it was... so he hasn't climbed out YET since it's been done (yesterday).
Timeout - I'm thinking about getting bunk beds, too, as I have 2 kids, less than a year and half apart. At what age can they go on top? (my baby is only 10 months, so he's still in a crib for a while, but I'm planning ahead).
Also, any reasonable prices???
Thirdly...what happens when a 2 year old gets up in the morning from bed and you're still asleep??

cl

Post Tue, Nov 07 2006, 9:23 am
1. put a slection of toys in the room to keep him occupied.
2. make sure that there are no dangerous / heavy things he can schlepp down on top of himself while he is playing unsupervised.
3. put a baby-gate on the door so he wont be able 2 run round the house.

DS is still in a crib but he often wakes up earlier than me so I try to change the toys in his cot every few days so he doesnt get bored with them. Its so cute some mornings I can hear him singing 2 himself while he waits 4 me 2 pick him up.

Mommastuff

Post Wed, Jul 16 2008, 11:20 pm
I wanted to present my unique problem and ask for some suggestions.
My 2 1/2 yr old climbs out of her bed and INTO her sisters crib!! She either prevents her from going to sleep or wakes her up either later in the night or early in the morning.

How do I get her to stay out of the babies crib? I can't use the tent crib cuz that'll collapse if she climbs on it.

HELP!

flowerpower

Post Wed, Jul 16 2008, 11:21 pm
I hear a lot about crib tents and gates by the door.

Mommastuff

Post Wed, Jul 16 2008, 11:30 pm
flowerpower wrote:
I hear a lot about crib tents and gates by the door.

what kind of crib tent is sturdy enough to keep a toddler out of a crib?
They are in the same room so there's no door between them

flowerpower

Post Wed, Jul 16 2008, 11:32 pm
Can you put a bar by her bed so she can't climb out of it?

Mommastuff

Post Wed, Jul 16 2008, 11:47 pm
<chuckle> unless I build a crate around her bed, she'll climb out of it!! But I don't mind her climbing out of bed as much as I mind her climbing into the baby's bed (and waking her up).

Beauty and the Beast

Post Thu, Jul 17 2008, 1:25 am
lol, one morning my dh freaked out, he found my son in bed with him, he climbed out of his crib!! He still keeps doing it. He climbs onto the dresser, and then crawls down from there, using the dresser knobs as footing! I am always so afraid that he can hurt humself, c"v, what can I do?
I am pretty sure this chevraman can get himself out of anything, so what can my solution be?

flowerpower

Post Thu, Jul 17 2008, 1:37 am
Put a gate by his bedroom door. One very early morning I find ds eating snack and holding a water bottle on my bed near me. He got out, went down to the dark spooky kitchen, got a snack from a high closet using 2 chairs, opened with a knife, got a drink and lounged on my bed.

cdawnr

Post Thu, Jul 17 2008, 9:33 am
We moved into our house when dd was 22 months. She went straight into a toddler bed (we had 5 week old baby so we need her to have moved on from the crib...) DD is very willful and we did not want her wandering so she has a gate by her door.

For several months now we know that she can escape at will (she pushes the pressure gate down) but that is only when she really wants to. On the whole it discourages her from leaving her room if her will forit isn't so strong.

for us the problem is more during the going to bed stage than the early morning as she hates to go to bed and this way she is at least contained to one room.

Of course now that she is potty training...!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics