Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note
Poll: will you browse imamother on tisha bav?
Previous  1  2

Will you be checking imamother and social media on tisha bav?
Yes  
 65%  [ 124 ]
No  
 11%  [ 21 ]
Yes imamother but not social media  
 20%  [ 38 ]
Other  
 3%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 189

PinkFridge

Post Tue, Jul 25 2023, 5:31 pm
amother Tan wrote:
Sadly, I work in the medical field and my partner is off this entire week. As much as I wish I could be home- at least in the morning. I will be working on Tisha B’Av.

Tizku l'mitzvos and I hope you have an easy day.

PinkFridge

Post Tue, Jul 25 2023, 5:33 pm
weasley wrote:
Not proud to say this but tisha baav is the day when I tend to try distract myself as much as possible because I find it really difficult.

So ideally ye I probably shouldn't be on here.

Realistically I will be.

I hope you have an easy fast* and encounter material here that will help you have a productive day.

*Haven't given up on it being a yom tov for us all; achake lo.

amother
Peachpuff

Post Tue, Jul 25 2023, 9:07 pm
For me tisha bav is just a day I have to get through as I dont fast well at all. But I also dont want to fall asleep brcause then thursday night will be awful. So I go onto the computer to pass the time.

seeker

Post Tue, Jul 25 2023, 9:42 pm
Realistically I don't get through the day without some mindless distraction.

But also one of my perennial favorite Tisha bav videos came from this site - it's simply a man reading Eicha but with feeling and it has been perfect for all these years when my parenting was incompatible with hearing it in shul (and in shul it's kind of random whether the reader will be good and also audible)

Queen Of Hearts

Post Tue, Jul 25 2023, 9:44 pm
seeker wrote:
Realistically I don't get through the day without some mindless distraction.

But also one of my perennial favorite Tisha bav videos came from this site - it's simply a man reading Eicha but with feeling and it has been perfect for all these years when my parenting was incompatible with hearing it in shul (and in shul it's kind of random whether the reader will be good and also audible)

Please do share.

shanarishona

Post Tue, Jul 25 2023, 9:52 pm
Yes, can you please post the Eicha video?

amother
Hosta

Post Tue, Jul 25 2023, 9:53 pm
amother Clear wrote:
You don't understand why a site for frum women would be shut down on TishaBav? It's not a learning site like YUTorah Online or Naaleh that will be showing shiurim on inyana deyoma, kinot and so on. It's rife with frivolity, sinas chinam and other topics that are inappropriate for the nature of the day.

I think the issue is one of time zones as already mentioned. It would be impossible to make sure it is down for all the imas in Australia, USA, Israel, Europe etc at the correct Tisha B’Av time.

seeker

Post Tue, Jul 25 2023, 10:28 pm
shanarishona wrote:
Yes, can you please post the Eicha video?

I keep forgetting to save it so I use the imamother website search bar to find it each year...

seeker

Post Tue, Jul 25 2023, 10:29 pm
I think it's this one; I can't access YouTube on my phone to confirm
https://www.imamother.com/foru.....75628

PinkFridge

Post Wed, Jul 26 2023, 4:54 am
amother Peachpuff wrote:
For me tisha bav is just a day I have to get through as I dont fast well at all. But I also dont want to fall asleep brcause then thursday night will be awful. So I go onto the computer to pass the time.

There's a lot of meaningful content out there if you're able to watch or read something.
Hope you have an easy day!

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Wed, Jul 26 2023, 5:18 am
amother Clear wrote:
You don't understand why a site for frum women would be shut down on TishaBav? It's not a learning site like YUTorah Online or Naaleh that will be showing shiurim on inyana deyoma, kinot and so on. It's rife with frivolity, sinas chinam and other topics that are inappropriate for the nature of the day.

Just curious how it's in your circles. Are people secluding themselves in their homes, and not making phone calls, not sitting in their bungalow colonies chatting with each other, and so on?

This is not Yom Kippur where we need to daven all day long. Many of us need distractions and support to get through this difficult day. I don't see this different than any other forms of communication. How is this different than chatting with your summer neighbors in the bungalow colonies, or commiserating with your friend on the phone how tough the day is? We're adults - everyone is mindful of the day and chooses the topics appropriately.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note