Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note
Tisha B'av

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 27 2023, 3:44 pm
I have to say that I am very connected to Hashem to the tragedies in the world and to the desire for Moshiach.
But I do not connect to Tisha B'av. I don't fast well and I am just trying to keep kids busy. My only desire for Tisha B'av is for it to be over. When it's over and I go back to regular life I can go back to how difficult galus is and to the loss of clarity from not having Hashem shechina and to the beauty of a world with moshiach.

But Tisha B'av I just can't do.

Anyone else feel this way?

michimochi

Post Thu, Jul 27 2023, 5:36 pm
I used to feel that way until one year I read (almost) the entire Eichah and Kinnos. Getting that detailed picture of what the Churban was like really put me there, and I didn't feel like succumbing to my cravings or paying attention to anything else. It's depressing, but also motivating - it re-inspires me to feel just how high we need to go because of just how low we've been.

To me Tisha B'Av feels more like connecting to our Jewish ancestors and history than to Hashem in the usual way. It feels like linking myself to that chain.

May you in your own way find connection and meaning in this day 💗
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note