Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Curves and weight gain

octopus

Post Fri, Jul 11 2008, 2:59 pm
ok- I got weighed- and I gained 5 pounds. shock shock
But I lost inches and body fat!
I went on mycurves.com and apparently,many ppl lose inches first and gain weight that is muscle mass. Eventually the weight starts coming off too.
interesting, huh?
Personally, I don't care what the scale says, as long as I look good.

MiracleMama

Post Fri, Jul 11 2008, 3:34 pm
Yes this is not unusual when you start a serious workout routine. Glad you are going by measurements and how you look rather then letting the scale bother you. The scale will definitely start to go down too if you keep it up. Congratulations.

supermama2

Post Mon, Jul 14 2008, 4:22 pm
What if one can't make it to Curves due to the limited hours? What do you suggest? DH says, "just run around w/ the kids" but lol I need more than that I think. I have ~15 lbs to lose before getting preg. again G-d willing.
thanks!

MiracleMama

Post Mon, Jul 14 2008, 5:22 pm
SarahO. wrote:
What if one can't make it to Curves due to the limited hours? What do you suggest? DH says, "just run around w/ the kids" but lol I need more than that I think. I have ~15 lbs to lose before getting preg. again G-d willing.
thanks!

It isn't necessary to join a gym to exercise. You can exercise in your own home at whatever time is convenient to you. If you have the space and the budget you can buy a treadmill or other piece of exercise equipment. If not, you can still do plenty. A small set of weights, an exercise mat, pilates ball and a jump rope can give you just about all you need for a very vigorous workout. Or try a workout video if you have a t.v. and d.v.d player.

PIP

Post Mon, Jul 14 2008, 5:26 pm
Sarah, try leaving your car parked and walk your errands instead of driving. If you cant do that, try walking up and down the steps at home for a half hour (I'm warning you, start slow, it catches up to you very fast!) You can also try ordering an exercise dvd that you can do at home on your own time. check out www.collagevideo.com for previews. Good Luck!

soldat

Post Mon, Jul 14 2008, 5:55 pm
the curves book, has the complete curves workout without the machines.

octopus

Post Mon, Jul 14 2008, 10:28 pm
getting a resistance band + workout dvd to go with it provides a great workout plus toning.

EZ Does It

Post Tue, Jul 15 2008, 12:51 pm
This is a great gadget for exercise. Somebody told me about it, and said she'll get it for me for just $17, guess she made some money off me.

http://www.nationaltvbargains......D=242

octopus

Post Sun, Jul 20 2008, 2:44 pm
yayyyy!!!
I lost the 5 lbs that I gained!!!
yayyyyy!!!!

dora

Post Sun, Jul 20 2008, 4:18 pm
that's great happy, 5 lbs. in 9 days? wow! I got measured last week and lost 9" in the last month and 2 lbs. and I wasn't good on my diet. But I agree that it's not just what the scale said it's how you feel you look. keep it up (or down)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise