Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
2 day trips to do around NY, so far Lancaster comes to mind
Previous  1  2

shiro

Post Fri, Jul 28 2023, 9:50 am
I'd also be interested in hearing what you mean and where you can stay on a working farm?

amother
Viola

Post Fri, Jul 28 2023, 11:04 am
About 11-12 years ago we went to connecticut right over the boarder...I believe not far from Bridgeport. There is a cute smaller sized aquarium and we also did a Dinosaur park (easy trial with things to find-we did it with kids ages 2-9). There was also a trash museum (Don't know if it still exists). It's attached to a recycling plant and fun for kids.

Also Mystic. We only did the seaport, but I heard the aquarium is great too.

If you are into a long walk (not hike) with lots of stairs bushkill falls is gorgeous. There is a Crystal Cave in the area too.

Dumbledore

Post Fri, Jul 28 2023, 11:14 am
emaTO4 wrote:
In Lancaster: There’s a great hotel, DoubleTree, that has a shachris, just bc so many frum families go. They may have a maariv as well, I don’t recall. The hotel also has a nice pool and a kiddie indoor water park. The shul in Lancaster makes pizza and they bbq burgers, cutlets and hotdogs. Plus they have a small market that sells nosh, ice cream, milk. Etc….My family LOVES Lancaster

You can just walk in to buy milk etc or you have to call before?

amother
Raspberry

Post Fri, Jul 28 2023, 11:20 am
emaTO4 wrote:
In Lancaster: There’s a great hotel, DoubleTree, that has a shachris, just bc so many frum families go. They may have a maariv as well, I don’t recall. The hotel also has a nice pool and a kiddie indoor water park. The shul in Lancaster makes pizza and they bbq burgers, cutlets and hotdogs. Plus they have a small market that sells nosh, ice cream, milk. Etc….My family LOVES Lancaster

Yes we do Lancaster every summer and my kids are obsessed!!
However I don't rely on buying any food there, I bring all my own.

Some fun attractions we have done:

Dutch wonderland
Amish buggy ride
Strasbourg railroad
Cherry Crest farm
Kreiders farm
Choo choo barn
National toy train musuem
Hands on house
Boat ride (pride of the susquehanna on city island- need to drive about 45 min, nearby is wildwood nature center which is free and amazing for kids)

This yr my kids want to do Lancaster science factory and drive out to Hershey gardens

amother
Skyblue

Post Fri, Jul 28 2023, 11:25 am
I was there last year there was hardly any kosher food in Degel
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics