Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
Did you try join imamother before you got married?
Previous  1  2

runninglate

Post Fri, Oct 25 2013, 4:44 pm
Just out of curiosity, for those who said they know single ppl on here, would you/ did you report them? For the person, I was thinking of, I don't know her screen name. And I don't think she would post, prob just reading.

pickle321

Post Sat, Oct 26 2013, 1:43 pm
. I dont see why engaged girls shouldnt be allowed on its a good source of info and can help them get over their pre-marriage nerves if they dont have someone to talk to.

Last edited by pickle321 on Sun, May 31 2015, 12:58 am; edited 1 time in total

catonmylap

Post Sat, Oct 26 2013, 4:30 pm
No. I don't think it existed then.

I was here before I had kids, but I didn't feel so comfortable and didn't post much.

mummy-bh

Post Sat, Oct 26 2013, 4:36 pm
I joined around the time of my tenth wedding anniversary.
pickle321 wrote:
. I dont see why engaged girls shouldnt be allowed on its a good source of info and can help them get over their pre-marriage nerves if they dont have someone to talk to.

I am so so glad that imamother didn't exist when I was a newlywed. I really think that most threads would have been detrimental to the early stages of my marriage (apart from the recipes and tips on cleaning!)

oliveoil

Post Sat, Oct 26 2013, 6:47 pm
I know a number of singles who are on here, but I don't know their screen names. Even if I did, of course I wouldn't turn them in. I don't see why they shouldn't be able to join, just because they're not married.

I also know some now-marrieds who joined as teenagers.

sequoia

Post Sat, Oct 26 2013, 8:01 pm
Imamother is the liveliest, most interesting place on the internet. Naturally everyone gravitates here.

zaq

Post Sat, Oct 26 2013, 9:04 pm
Before we got married Internet was mainly for universities and some government agencies. I was working for a govt agency and we didn't even get computers till 6 or 7 years later, and Internet followed a few years after that. In any case, when we got married, Yael was either not born yet or was in early grade school at most.

However IF I had had a computer and IF there had been an Imamother, and IF I'd have known about it--yes, I think I'd have tried to crash. The "entrance exam" questions are not so difficult, after all. How long I'd have stayed is a good question. Maybe not long at all.

pickle321

Post Sun, Oct 27 2013, 5:17 am
mummy-bh wrote:
I joined around the time of my tenth wedding anniversary.
pickle321 wrote:

I am so so glad that imamother didn't exist when I was a newlywed. I really think that most threads would have been detrimental to the early stages of my marriage (apart from the recipes and tips on cleaning!)

why would it be detrimental to to the early stages of your marriage?? im still a newlywed and dont find that at all. if anything it makes me appreciate my marriage and dh more when I see that some ppl dont have it as good. and its not like I wouldnt know abt abuse or anything alse ive seen here without imamother

foreverforward

Post Wed, Aug 02 2023, 1:17 am

Last edited by foreverforward on Sun, Aug 20 2023, 12:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

ChalieB

Post Wed, Aug 02 2023, 4:40 am
I tried to join when I was engaged, Yael told me to come back when I actually got married...

I wish I could have been allowed, would have helped calm my nerves...
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics