Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins
Fudgy Saucepan Brownies

cookielady

Post Fri, Jul 11 2008, 2:26 pm
These are in the oven as we speak.

1 cup marg (2 sticks)
3/4 cup cocoa powder
2 1/4 cup sugar
1/2 tsp salt
3 eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/4 cup flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 cup chocolate chips

In a saucepan, melt marg and cocoa powder. Stir until smooth. Remove from heat, cool a few minutes.Stir in sugar, salt, eggs and vanilla extract.
Add flour and baking powder. Stir in chocolate chips.
Pour into a greased 9x13 pan. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.

shopaholic

Post Fri, Jul 11 2008, 2:55 pm
Wow! 2 sticks of marge???

cookielady

Post Fri, Jul 11 2008, 2:56 pm
yeah, but these are really good.

cookielady

Post Fri, Jul 11 2008, 6:52 pm
OK, they have been nibbled at all afternoon, I hadnt made these in a while, but now that I did I can say they are really amazing!!!! The Perfect Brownie texture!!! (which is one of those things I have been in search of)

cookielady

Post Sun, Jul 13 2008, 3:09 am
Additional comment to these brownies. Vanilla ice cream would have set off the sweet intense taste of the rich chocolate. So try with a scoop of some vanilla and it will be perfect!!

If anyone has any icecream Please bring it over, so we can fully enjoy ours to the fullest!!

TheBeinoni

Post Sun, Jul 13 2008, 3:36 am
This sounds too delicious to be true!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cookielady - when is your cook book coming out??????? Please put me on the preorder list!

rachel19977

Post Mon, Jul 21 2008, 3:09 pm
WOW

are they really very runny?

I wonder if I Can do this with oil... I haven't had the chance to get to the store yet...

stargazer

Post Mon, Jul 21 2008, 4:16 pm
I made these last week and they were delicious! Thanks for the recipe!

agh

Post Mon, Jul 21 2008, 4:33 pm
cookie lady---- just curious do your kids and yourself eat all the delicious baked foods you make. does anyone gain any weight??? why am I asking? I love to bake and eat baked pastrues, cakes and cookies. thank g d I have a very good metabolism. but my daughter who is young is not thin, so I stopped having baked foods at home (besides shabbos). I miss them so today I baked your butterscotch brownies... yum!

cookielady

Post Mon, Jul 21 2008, 7:44 pm
agh, I like to bake and give it away. I keep my freezer stocked and when dh is going to visit someone etc, he brings them a plate of cookies. I really enjoy baking. I find it relaxing. If we would eat e/t I bake we would have major issues. As it is, dh and I should stop sampling as much. With my kids, when they were younger, we kept cakes etc to shabbos. Now most are away at yeshiva, I used to mail cookies to them. Since we like stuff really freshly baked, shipping really wasnt the best option. So now they just enjoy when they come home.

The truth is that even though I am cookielady, It better off for everyone to have more fresh fruits etc.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins