Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Ashdod Beach from Jerusalem

myname1

Post Wed, Aug 09 2023, 4:30 am
How do you get to the separate beach in Ashdod from Jerusalem? I see the 450 from Givat Shaul goes there. Can you walk from its last stop, or do you need to take another local bus (7 or 11)? I see very conflicting info when I search, including a free shuttle which may or may not have existed in 2010 (number 5?) and I have no idea what's the deal with it now? Also, my husband claims to have seen in the newspaper that you need to pay beforehand for the 450. Is that true? How do you pay for that specifically? (We don't have a smartphone but can pay for the rav kav through the computer.) Thanks!

amother
Brass

Post Wed, Aug 09 2023, 4:38 am
I went with my DD last summer. We walked from the bus station in Ashdod to the beach, but it was quite a walk - we asked people along the way, and followed people who looked like they were going, it took us about 25 mins. But f you know exactly where you're going it's probably much quicker.

When we left the beach, we waited at a bus stop that we found on the street right outside the beach, for a bus back to the tachana merkazit - that was about a 5 min wait and 10 mins on the bus.

Don't remember bus numbers, but the bus we got from Jerusalem to Ashdod was from inside the tachana merkazit in Jerusalem.

amother
Valerian

Post Wed, Aug 09 2023, 5:34 am
Very helpful, thanks!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions