Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Info needed on becoming an SEL teacher

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 13 2023, 3:36 pm
I am a top notch teacher with lots of experience teaching social/emotional type curriculums informally in orthodox schools.

I am considering finishing my social work degree and expanding my opportunities. I specifically want to continue using my talents in an educational type of setting, but have more flexibility in my hours and better pay.
I love working with young children and while the setting need not be orthodox in sone ways that would be nice.

Before I go ahead and invest more time and money on my education, I want to be sure there are enough opportunities available in this field, in my small oot community.

If anyone has suggestions as to how I can research this well, I would really appreciate.

Additionally, if anyone on imamother does this specific kind of work, can you give me an idea of what your salary and work schedule is like, and what type of school/agency you work for?

All thoughts and ideas are welcome.

Thanks

amother
Impatiens

Post Sun, Aug 13 2023, 4:01 pm
As someone who has worked in public schools, this sounds like a description of a guidance counselor job. The guidance counselor does come into classrooms to teach these lessons (usually they are proved with a curriculum) as well as work with kids one on one or in small groups. Their pay scale and work schedule is the same as classroom teachers. They are hired by the school district, not through an agency. My experience is based on elementary schools, not middle or high.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics