Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Help!! My employer has fleas!

amother
OP

Post Thu, Aug 17 2023, 10:18 pm
The family next door to the family I work for has fleas and today I saw two in the house where I work. It's an apartment building and I'm afraid it will infest the building quickly.

What should I do? Should I stop working till I know they are gone (and how would I know for sure) ? On one hand I need the work and I don't want to let the family I work for down, on the other hand I really don't want to bring fleas to my own house. (Additionally I'm living with relatives, so it's not really my house)

Does it make sense to stop working for now or am I taking things too far ? What would you do?

And should I tell my relatives about the situation?

amother
Bisque

Post Thu, Aug 17 2023, 10:43 pm
I have only dealt with fleas on my dogs, but I know that it’s a nightmare to deal with. I have to wash everything the dogs would have touched, so dog beds, couches, linens, rugs, everything. Plus use the flea killing shampoos on the dogs themselves. If you could potentially be bringing them into your house, I would not continue working until they have been totally cleared out. Offer to work remotely if you can.

Personally I’m surprised you could spot them. I’ve never seen one off of my dog before. They’re so small.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Aug 18 2023, 12:30 am
amother Bisque wrote:

Personally I’m surprised you could spot them. I’ve never seen one off of my dog before. They’re so small.

I can't be totally sure what it was, but I was on the couch and twice a tiny thing that looks like the picture I googled of fleas, landed on me.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Aug 18 2023, 8:16 am
Bump

imasinger

Post Fri, Aug 18 2023, 8:19 am
You might want to get a picture before panicking.

AFAIK, fleas feed on the blood of furry animals. Does your employer have any pets?

amother
OP

Post Sat, Aug 19 2023, 9:56 pm
imasinger wrote:
You might want to get a picture before panicking.

AFAIK, fleas feed on the blood of furry animals. Does your employer have any pets?

They don't have a pet. Does that mean I don't need to worry since they will die out?

The definitely do have, they said a few more where spotted.... they did spray with stuff from the store.... but I don't know how effective that is?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics