Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
PSA Nintendo, & parental setting bypass internet access

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 30 2023, 11:30 am
Post copied from an East Coast PSA:
"From a member of Our Kehila…
Children can easily bypass the Nintendo Switch Parental Controls and access unfiltered YouTube. Even if you have Parental controls on the highest level within innocent-looking children's games, there are videos that, when you click on them, will open up YouTube. After several attempts to filter our Switch, we finally decided the best place for it was in the garbage.
TAG can remove the WiFi card and it will lock the switch down to only the apps that are loaded."

amother
Ebony

Post Wed, Aug 30 2023, 11:56 am
amother OP wrote:
Post copied from an East Coast PSA:
"From a member of Our Kehila…
Children can easily bypass the Nintendo Switch Parental Controls and access unfiltered YouTube. Even if you have Parental controls on the highest level within innocent-looking children's games, there are videos that, when you click on them, will open up YouTube. After several attempts to filter our Switch, we finally decided the best place for it was in the garbage.
TAG can remove the WiFi card and it will lock the switch down to only the apps that are loaded."

Im not understanding this.
The settings our switch is set to does not allow any videos. There is nothing to click on.
How exactly did the video appear?
Something isnt adding up

s1

Post Wed, Aug 30 2023, 11:59 am
If anyone knows anything more about this issue, please could you explain in more detail?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 30 2023, 12:07 pm
We don't own a nintendo, but tech use & safety very relevant in my home, just wanted to post this psa received from my community. I hope someone who knows will post more info, maybe it is only certain models. Perhaps useful, more efficient to contact TAG to inquire?

amother
Vanilla

Post Wed, Aug 30 2023, 2:12 pm
Is this relevant if we have never connected to WiFi on the switch? I’m guessing not but maybe I am wrong. We haven’t downloaded any games- only use game cards.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics