Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
S/O How well did you learn the 3 Cardinal Sins?
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Charcoal

Post Thu, Aug 31 2023, 8:10 pm
mommy2b1 wrote:
From how my husband explained it, the yehereg val yaavor regarding znus is in practicality only an issue for men. As everyone above explained with Esther, if you show no signs of consent, you are not being over on this aveirah. So if a guy put a gun to someone’s head and said have relations with me or I kill you, they could not say anything and focus on survival.
For the other two, it’s only applicable if your given a choice- kill him or I kill you. If they force you (let’s say they physically bend you into a bowing position) it would be the same situation as the rape. You don’t have control.
The mitzvah is NOT to commit suicide.

You mean only men can be over on Aishes Ish, therefore it applies only to them?

amother
Jasmine

Post Thu, Aug 31 2023, 8:12 pm
Best to learn chassidus

amother
Charcoal

Post Thu, Aug 31 2023, 8:21 pm
amother Jasmine wrote:
Best to learn chassidus

I agree but what has this got to do with anything?

amother
Banana

Post Thu, Aug 31 2023, 9:09 pm
amother OP wrote:
Exactly! I would think that it’s getting raped and it’s forced on you and you have no choice about it. But I’d (theoretically) want the piece of mind to know that I wasn’t chayiv kareis. (I take religious guilt seriously. When I was a bit more naive I was convinced that I was chayiv kareis because I missed a bedika)

1. In Rabbi Oshry's book Responsa from the Holocaust, he included a ruling that he gave to a man about his wife who had been forced to be a harlot by the Nazis, that she was allowed to stay married to her husband and there was no halachic concern about giluy arayos andthat she was considered a righteous woman.

2. Regarding suicide in the first post, I don't think it is so clear cut. I remember learning about Shaul Hamelech in depth way back in seminary, and from what I recall, most mefarshim agreed he was justified and it was the correct thing for him to do/not against halacha. (And when I say in depth, I mean we spent a few months just on that one inyan in that particular navi class.)

The questions brought up on this thread are actually very complex and not something that can be distilled into a quick 3 minute explanation.

amother
Khaki

Post Thu, Aug 31 2023, 9:30 pm
amother Banana wrote:
1. In Rabbi Oshry's book Responsa from the Holocaust, he included a ruling that he gave to a man about his wife who had been forced to be a harlot by the Nazis, that she was allowed to stay married to her husband and there was no halachic concern about giluy arayos andthat she was considered a righteous woman.

2. Regarding suicide in the first post, I don't think it is so clear cut. I remember learning about Shaul Hamelech in depth way back in seminary, and from what I recall, most mefarshim agreed he was justified and it was the correct thing for him to do/not against halacha. (And when I say in depth, I mean we spent a few months just on that one inyan in that particular navi class.)

The questions brought up on this thread are actually very complex and not something that can be distilled into a quick 3 minute explanation.

Did Shaul Hamelech commit suicide??

amother
Banana

Post Thu, Aug 31 2023, 9:39 pm
amother Khaki wrote:
Did Shaul Hamelech commit suicide??

Yes. Also his son(s?). They were fighting in a battle and didn't want to be captured by the enemy.

amother
Holly

Post Thu, Aug 31 2023, 10:00 pm
amother Banana wrote:

did u go to hadar lol
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics