Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Info on Dr. Anthony Giovinne

amother
OP

Post Mon, Sep 04 2023, 8:39 am
I have been using OGOA but this pregnancy I’m planning on having a VBAC. Does anyone have experience with this doctor? I heard he has a very low csection rate but I would like to know if anyone has experience with him.
TIA

cupcake123

Post Mon, Sep 04 2023, 8:54 am
I use the practice and I'm relatively happy. He's known to be a more chilled dr in terms of not inducing so fast, and doing everything to prevent a c-section.
I switched to them from a different practice and my births with them were really good BH. He delivered a few of my kids.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Sep 04 2023, 9:24 am
That’s helpful, thank you.
Any other responses are very appreciated!

amother
Dill

Post Mon, Sep 04 2023, 9:32 am
I don't know abt vbac.
I was in the practice through 4 births until 2016.
Dr Giovine himself was great. However, the other doctors were a revolving door & each pregnancy I was seeing different doctors. The practice itself, in those days, was a bit flying. For ex: Dr told me to go on bed rest for a week & by my next visit, made no mention of it, or followed up or even told me to make an appt a week later.

By my last birth there I got a yeast infection & the male ob refused to give me oral meds even though I told him I'm very sensitive & the otc creams burn me. I used monistat initially & I remember sobbing in pain for 30 min on Fri night, my husband was ringing out wet warm washcloths so I'd hv some relief. I had resigned myself to just feeling the pain of the infection and I called back and this time I reached a female Doctor Who prescribed me the medication in a minute because she said she knows how many women are too sensitive for the cream.

Then my actual birth was delivered by that same doctor and it was traumatizing. I left the practice right after my birth but I was not able to see my new doctor for my 6-week follow-up because Insurance did not allow it but after that I left.

Now that I'm in a new practice and I see how the doctors document everything and know exactly what's going on, it's a world of difference.

Perrys

Post Mon, Sep 04 2023, 9:35 am
amother Dill wrote:
I don't know abt vbac.
I was in the practice through 4 births until 2016.
Dr Giovine himself was great. However, the other doctors were a revolving door & each pregnancy I was seeing different doctors. The practice itself, in those days, was a bit flying. For ex: Dr told me to go on bed rest for a week & by my next visit, made no mention of it, or followed up or even told me to make an appt a week later.

By my last birth there I got a yeast infection & the male ob refused to give me oral meds even though I told him I'm very sensitive & the otc creams burn me. I used monistat initially & I remember sobbing in pain for 30 min on Fri night, my husband was ringing out wet warm washcloths so I'd hv some relief. I had resigned myself to just feeling the pain of the infection and I called back and this time I reached a female Doctor Who prescribed me the medication in a minute because she said she knows how many women are too sensitive for the cream.

Then my actual birth was delivered by that same doctor and it was traumatizing. I left the practice right after my birth but I was not able to see my new doctor for my 6-week follow-up because Insurance did not allow it but after that I left.

Now that I'm in a new practice and I see how the doctors document everything and know exactly what's going on, it's a world of difference.

Where are you now

amother
Dill

Post Mon, Sep 04 2023, 9:36 am
Perrys wrote:
Where are you now

Sunrise obgyn. Only women obs.

amother
DarkYellow

Post Mon, Sep 04 2023, 9:42 am
I had a horrible CSection with one of the drs in his group. He himself is amazing the other doctors .......

amother
OP

Post Mon, Sep 04 2023, 9:45 am
Which doctor was that who treated you badly?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Sep 04 2023, 9:45 am
amother DarkYellow wrote:
I had a horrible CSection with one of the drs in his group. He himself is amazing the other doctors .......

How is a C-section horrible? In what way was it so bad?

cupcake123

Post Mon, Sep 04 2023, 9:56 am
BTW as far as I know currently the only male in giovines practice is giovine. That being said there is turnover with Dr's over there...

amother
Amethyst

Post Mon, Sep 04 2023, 10:36 am
I use them currently. The only male OB is Dr. Giovine (The other male OB was terrible and BH left the practice quite a few years ago).
I do find them to be extremely nice and on top of their game when it comes to routine check ups. I love that Dr. Giovine isn't quick to induce and overall is more chilled and natural minded. He is an excellent doctor.
If you know Dr. Giovine will deliver your baby, then I would be pretty confident using him. The issue is that the other doctors can be really inexperienced, and you usually don't know in advance who will be on call when you go into labor.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries