Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Help me get in shape

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 05 2023, 11:08 am
I have always hated working out (I blame it somewhat on childhood asthma, for many years I was actually medically not able to exercise, join gym in school etc and never really built up a tolerance even once I was cleared) Bh had a baby 1.5 years ago and find myself more sedentary than ever except for chasing my toddler around of course!

Also put on some more weight recently. Although in general I've always eaten pretty balanced, I've been shorter on time and energy and have not been doing as well in the past two years or so and it shows.

What are easy ways to add exercise into my life without really disrupting my schedule? Food prepping ideas also welcome.

TIA!

amother
DarkOrange

Post Tue, Sep 05 2023, 11:31 am
Give yourself space. You recently had a baby, you have a toddler on your hands. Don’t self criticize.

Find a workout that you enjoy (walking in the park, running, trampoline, a cool group of woman that do workout classes together) once you get consistent with that you can build to do other workout things.

Eating healthy - don’t cut out foods you like cold Turkey. Start small. No eating after 8? Instead of ice cream eat a smoothie? Slowly find healthy recipes that you love and start introducing them to your family. Your family will love them, you will love them.
I think that is the only way to make long lasting change.

Reality

Post Tue, Sep 05 2023, 11:32 am
Can you build activity into your current life? You didn't give too many details. For example, if you are a sahm can you put baby in the stroller and walk to the park instead of driving? If you work, can you walk instead of drive or get off a few stops early and walk part of the way?

It is so much easier to start with a small change and build on it then to swing to an extreme only to lose steam within a week.

Good luck!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise