Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Bee bassinet worth it?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 05 2023, 11:40 pm
Is it worth it for me to buy a bee with the bassinet included? Is it comfortable for babies? Anyone can tell me the pros/cons to this specific one?

amother
Fuchsia

Post Tue, Sep 05 2023, 11:46 pm
Personally I used it for 4 babies without a bassinet. It was fine. My friends baby only likes her stomach so she bought one and her baby loves to be in it.

giftedmom

Post Tue, Sep 05 2023, 11:49 pm
I love it but it’s only good for 5-6 months as is any bassinet so I guess that’s a con. Other than that it’s super cute and the perfect size.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 06 2023, 12:02 am
amother Fuchsia wrote:
Personally I used it for 4 babies without a bassinet. It was fine. My friends baby only likes her stomach so she bought one and her baby loves to be in it.

I’m specifically asking about the bassinet.
I already know I want the stroller, but I really do want a lay flat option. So I’m wondering if the bassinet is worth it to add.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 06 2023, 12:03 am
giftedmom wrote:
I love it but it’s only good for 5-6 months as is any bassinet so I guess that’s a con. Other than that it’s super cute and the perfect size.

Thank you. Is it more narrow than a different stroller bassinet? It looks like it may be.

amother
Burgundy

Post Wed, Sep 06 2023, 12:11 am
For me it was worth it. My baby slept only on her stomach, and slept really well in the bassinet. Once she turned 5 months and I switched over to the seat,she stopped sleeping in the stroller.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Wed, Sep 06 2023, 12:25 am
amother OP wrote:
I’m specifically asking about the bassinet.
I already know I want the stroller, but I really do want a lay flat option. So I’m wondering if the bassinet is worth it to add.

Just curious why you wouldn’t do the dragonfly? I thought it’s replacing the bee…

amother
Melon

Post Wed, Sep 06 2023, 12:27 am
I found it worth it because the seat itself is really not comfortable for a baby under 3 months.
I used the bassinet as my kids sleep space until moving them to a crib around 4-5 months when we lived in a small apartment and it worked well.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Wed, Sep 06 2023, 12:57 am
I don’t mind the slight recline and being able to see the baby without the bassinet so I would vote no. Also my babies were winter babies they were bundled up with snowsuit and footmuff which is warm enough. For one baby I bought a cocoon it was cute.

amother
Lightblue

Post Wed, Sep 06 2023, 7:08 am
The Bassinet is not rated for overnight sleep. Don’t get it if you’re going to use it as a crib. Get a crib or bassinet that is safe.

happy chick

Post Wed, Sep 06 2023, 7:16 am
The original bee that came out in 2009 had the ability to lay completely flat, so there was no need for the bassinet. The newer ones don't lay completely flat, so not the best for a newborn. If you won't be going out too much, it may be fine. But if you're going to be using it a lot while baby is under 6 mos old, its a good idea.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 06 2023, 9:06 am
amother Forestgreen wrote:
Just curious why you wouldn’t do the dragonfly? I thought it’s replacing the bee…

I’m buying a second hand bee from someone for very cheap.

giftedmom

Post Wed, Sep 06 2023, 9:10 am
amother OP wrote:
Thank you. Is it more narrow than a different stroller bassinet? It looks like it may be.

Yes it’s smaller overall. But I don’t have chunky babies so it was never an issue.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics