Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Baby Names
Legal names
Previous  1  2

How do you feel about your legal name?
My Legal name is the same as my Hebrew name and I like it.  
 57%  [ 66 ]
My Legal name is the same as my Hebrew name and I don’t like it.  
 5%  [ 6 ]
My Legal name is very similar (English version/similar letters) to my Hebrew name and I like it.  
 14%  [ 17 ]
My Legal name is very similar (English version/similar letters) to my Hebrew name and I don’t like it.  
 6%  [ 7 ]
My Legal name is completely different from my Hebrew name and I like it.  
 5%  [ 6 ]
My Legal name is completely different from my Hebrew name and I don’t like it.  
 10%  [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 114

amother
Salmon

Post Thu, Sep 07 2023, 11:06 am
amother Amaranthus wrote:
It's not necessarily a problem, but it's not an option. They don't have a choice not to use their English name, they have to in many situations.

They have a choice of how to introduce themselves, but they'd have that choice whatever their full name is. Bill Gates is really William Henry Gates III. Everyone just calls him Bill. But had he happened to be Jewish and wasn't interested in William as an alter-ego, his parents could have called him Velvel Henoch Gates and he still could have gone as Bill professionally.

I’m not following your logic. But that’s ok since I didn’t consult a stranger to give an opinion on my baby’s name.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Baby Names