Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
Pre-1 first day

straightalk

Post Fri, Sep 08 2023, 2:59 pm
My very well behaved pre 1a daughter came home the first day crying she wants to go back to kindergarten. She told me she was punished-her Morah put her into the corner because she spoke and she didn't know you're not allowed to talk...I think it's jumping the gun to discipline on the first day for talking. Kindergarten and pre 1a is very different and it could take time for a kid to learn. She most likely was made an example for the entire class. My daughter felt very sorry for herself. What would you do

amother
Daylily

Post Fri, Sep 08 2023, 3:10 pm
Call the teacher. Get her side. And then explain your child needs a softer approach and wasn’t so familiar with the rules. If you feel you didn’t get anywhere call the principal.

I hope you aren’t in the school I used to send to. I switched out because the discipline in the school was insanely harsh.

straightalk

Post Fri, Sep 08 2023, 3:28 pm
amother Daylily wrote:
Call the teacher. Get her side. And then explain your child needs a softer approach and wasn’t so familiar with the rules. If you feel you didn’t get anywhere call the principal.

I hope you aren’t in the school I used to send to. I switched out because the discipline in the school was insanely harsh.

Thank you! I'll do that...it's a Chassidish school in BP

amother
Daylily

Post Fri, Sep 08 2023, 3:29 pm
straightalk wrote:
Thank you! I'll do that...it's a Chassidish school in BP

Different school. Definitely call and see if the teacher will work with you

behappy2

Post Fri, Sep 08 2023, 3:30 pm
This happens often in school where kids don't realize the rules and teachers jump to discipline

smss

Post Fri, Sep 08 2023, 3:34 pm
Oh my. Sounds like the one room schoolhouses back in the 1800s... Putting a 5 year old in the corner for talking in class??

amother
Pistachio

Post Sun, Sep 10 2023, 12:32 am
is this a first year teacher? definitely sounds like a very young teacher with zero experience and probably doesn't have kids yet to understand that what she did is unacceptable. I'd call the teacher after I calmed down because I'd be furious if this happened to my child!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers