Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Rosh Hashana-Yom Kippur
Davening at home mixed thoughts

amother
OP

Post Sat, Sep 09 2023, 10:48 pm
I enjoy the davening at home, the no pressure of keeping up with the minyan, background noise, being able to sing parts of davening out loud, davening at my own pace. I just hope my kids will cooperate while I'm davening

amother
OP

Post Sat, Sep 09 2023, 10:50 pm
Pls share what works for you and any hacks you have

amother
Darkblue

Post Sat, Sep 09 2023, 10:51 pm
amother OP wrote:
I enjoy the davening at home, the no pressure of keeping up with the minyan, background noise, being able to sing parts of davening out loud, davening at my own pace. I just hope my kids will cooperate while I'm davening

Your job is first to be there for your kids, consider yourself lucky if you have time to daven.
You can prepare some treats and incentives in advance to keep them busy so you can daven. I usually get some new books, toys, and an exciting nosh.

amother
Quince

Post Sat, Sep 09 2023, 11:07 pm
Same situation though I would love to be in shul..

Trying to figure out a way to go to shul for some time with my 11 year old daughter but I have little kids including a 2 year old. Any advice. Don’t think I can switch off with a neighbor

amother
Skyblue

Post Sat, Sep 09 2023, 11:19 pm
just to share what's worked for me over the years. I prepare 'while mommy's davening peklach' (one for shacharis, one for mussaf. each kid gets their own, with the same stuff. preferably with same color stuff lol) with nosh that doesn't make them extra thirsty,sticky/fights...etc. I try to have each kid settled and set up and remind them before I start that I can't be disturbed. I find it more helpful if I go to another room and close the door versus being near them. I also save a special treat/prize if mommy wasn't disturbed that they earn at the end. I try to get davening done earlier in the morning before the bored-ness sets in. I find the new toys/games that I buy are great for the non davening times because they usually involve questions/arguments and in general just need my hands on input.

mushkamothers

Post Sat, Sep 09 2023, 11:28 pm
I wrote an article about this. Have to post for this year. Basically if you have kids that's your avodah. Any word I get in, is a bonus.

PinkFridge

Post Sun, Sep 10 2023, 8:54 am
amother OP wrote:

Are your mixed feelings that you enjoy davening at home rather than shul?
Don't feel mixed. Enjoy it! One day you might enjoy davening in shul again and that will be wonderful too.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Rosh Hashana-Yom Kippur