Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Neighborhoods in Chicago

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 19 2023, 11:27 am
Which neighborhood in Chicago is fitting for a young couple with young kids (yeshivish, sending to BY) pls provide zip code thanks so much!!

notshanarishona

Post Tue, Sep 19 2023, 11:30 am
West Rogers Park

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 19 2023, 11:31 am
Not Peterson park?

mha3484

Post Tue, Sep 19 2023, 11:37 am
There are two main neighborhoods West Rogers Park and Peterson Park.

WRP is 60645 and the main neighborhood is Devon to Howard street and Kedzie to Washtenaw. Between thope streets there are sub areas that have a slightly different crowd but yeshivish families really live across the whole neighborhood.

There are families between Peterson and Devon but the majority of them are Chabad or affiliated with the Chassidish kollel. So assuming your not I would look more north.

Peterson Park is 60659 and the streets are Peterson to Devon and Ridgeway to kimball. Its a smaller area. More lakewood ish. It has very distinct crowds and can be harder to break into socially.

Welcome and please feel free to reach out if you have more questions!

amother
Phlox

Post Tue, Sep 19 2023, 11:37 am
amother OP wrote:
Not Peterson park?

yes, but good luck finding housing! Houses are going more then lakewood right now!

OOTBubby

Post Tue, Sep 19 2023, 11:58 am
amother Phlox wrote:
yes, but good luck finding housing! Houses are going more then lakewood right now!

There is almost never a house "For Sale" on the open market. Any house available is bought before that by askanim to make sure the "right" people live in the neighborhood. They are usually rented out, but can often be purchased from the askan owner if one wants.

mha3484

Post Tue, Sep 19 2023, 12:18 pm
I don't know if your looking to rent or buy but I would rent for at least a year in Peterson Park before I bought. Its smaller then west rogers park, more boxy. A lot are there because they are part of a specific group. Some people like that a lot and some do not. If its not for you, you don't want to be stuck with a house you own.

amother
Burgundy

Post Tue, Sep 19 2023, 1:24 pm
Warning: extremely hard to find housing. Like nothing’s for sale and if it is, it’s crazy over priced and needs lots of work.
West Rogers Park has apartments. Wide range of hashkafas.
Peterson Park is more Lakewood-y but not really any apartments.
Lincolnwood is growing because people are just desperate for housing. Known to be more modern/fancy crowd but could be changing because like I said people are moving there because they have no choice and you get more for your money and aren’t technically in Chicago though it’s right between West Rogers Park and Peterson Park.
Skokie generally does not have families sending to Bais Yaakov unless they’re part of the few Kollel/rebbeim families.

amother
Viola

Post Tue, Sep 19 2023, 1:28 pm
If possible buy rather than rent and you can sell it
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating