Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Israel with toddler
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 19 2023, 12:50 pm
Iyh we are going to Israel for Sukkos and I'm really excited!

I have a young toddler (will be 1.5 when we are there) and am looking for tips for dealing with changes in schedule, plane, jetlag, anything to pack etc

This will be a mostly visiting family trip but I would like to work in some things to do with her as well. Any nice playgrounds, indoor and outdoor Imamothers could suggest in Yerushalayim (we will probably be staying in Sanhedria or nearby but will be going to relatives in other neighborhoods as well)?

Any other attractions? We will be going to Gush Etzion and probably Lod so if anyone knows of baby friendly attractions near there or in Yerushalayim that would be great

I'm assuming everything will be insanely crowded Chol Hamoed is there anything we can do that will be more manageable?

amother
Banana

Post Mon, Jun 19 2023, 12:58 pm
Gan sacher near the shuk is a great park

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 19 2023, 2:15 pm
amother Banana wrote:
Gan sacher near the shuk is a great park

Thanks!

amother
Almond

Post Sun, Aug 20 2023, 10:49 am
amother OP wrote:

I have a young toddler (will be 1.5 when we are there) and am looking for tips for dealing with changes in schedule, plane, jetlag, anything to pack etc

This will be a mostly visiting family trip but I would like to work in some things to do with her as well. Any nice playgrounds, indoor and outdoor Imamothers could suggest in Yerushalayim (we will probably be staying in Sanhedria or nearby but will be going to relatives in other neighborhoods as well)?

Any other attractions? We will be going to Gush Etzion and probably Lod so if anyone knows of baby friendly attractions near there or in Yerushalayim that would be great

I'm assuming everything will be insanely crowded Chol Hamoed is there anything we can do that will be more manageable?

Bumping this up as I'll be going for succos this year with a 9 month old. What did you do there? Any suggestions or recommendations for me? Husband has never been to Masada. He's also dreaming of going to the craters in the south. Well be based in Yerushalaim. Thanks!

Elfrida

Post Sun, Aug 20 2023, 11:58 am
Masada is an easy day trip from Yerushalayim, especially of you will have a car. Your husband can climb up if he wants, while you go up the cable car with the baby. At the top, you can wander round and explore as energetically or not as you want. It'll be hot at Sukkot, so take plenty of water.

Bnei Berak 10

Post Sun, Aug 20 2023, 12:08 pm
I much recommend Maarat hamachpela in Hebron on chol hamoed Succot. Go with public transportation as early as possible in the morning. The cave is totally open only for Jews those days and the Yitzchak Avinu Hall is open (they rest of the years it's usually closed)
It's a rare occasion-take it! Bring sandwiches with you. There's a succa.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 21 2023, 10:15 am
amother Almond wrote:
Bumping this up as I'll be going for succos this year with a 9 month old. What did you do there? Any suggestions or recommendations for me? Husband has never been to Masada. He's also dreaming of going to the craters in the south. Well be based in Yerushalaim. Thanks!

LOL! Just found my thread again as we are trying to figure out an itinerary. We didn't go yet, started this thread for this year Smile

If anyone has any more ideas that would be great!!

juggling

Post Thu, Sep 21 2023, 10:31 am
amother OP wrote:

Gush etzion: I've never been to either of these, but maybe look into deer-land.co.il or shlomoanimals.com

Lod: not sure if there's anything to do in lod, but I'm ramle there's an outdoor truck museum that's supposed to be fun. There's also the pool of the arches, which is cute http://www.goramla.com/categor.....D7%AA

juggling

Post Thu, Sep 21 2023, 10:39 am
Also, not far from lod is latrun, there's the tank museum there, yad l'shiryon. And in modiin there's park anabe, which has nice play equipment as well as a lake with boat rentals.

You didn't ask about Beit Shemesh, but there's a free chol hamoed event at the Israel police museum. I'm pretty sure you need to sign up for that now.

In general, expect places to be very crowded. Anyplace that isn't an open park you probably need to register for in advance.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 21 2023, 11:23 am
juggling wrote:
Gush etzion: I've never been to either of these, but maybe look into deer-land.co.il or shlomoanimals.com

Lod: not sure if there's anything to do in lod, but I'm ramle there's an outdoor truck museum that's supposed to be fun. There's also the pool of the arches, which is cute http://www.goramla.com/categor.....D7%AA

The truck museum looks perfect for us! Thank you!

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 21 2023, 11:24 am
juggling wrote:
Also, not far from lod is latrun, there's the tank museum there, yad l'shiryon. And in modiin there's park anabe, which has nice play equipment as well as a lake with boat rentals.

You didn't ask about Beit Shemesh, but there's a free chol hamoed event at the Israel police museum. I'm pretty sure you need to sign up for that now.

In general, expect places to be very crowded. Anyplace that isn't an open park you probably need to register for in advance.

Thanks!

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 21 2023, 11:25 am
Are there any stroller friendly hikes/ national parks? Other than Masada mentioned above.

amother
Burntblack

Post Thu, Sep 21 2023, 11:27 am
Neot Kedumim has a sukka exhibit and activities!

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 21 2023, 12:37 pm
amother Burntblack wrote:

Oh that looks really fun! Do you know if we need to reserve in advance? It didn't say on their site.

Elfrida

Post Thu, Sep 21 2023, 12:48 pm
amother OP wrote:
Oh that looks really fun! Do you know if we need to reserve in advance? It didn't say on their site.

I didn't look at the website, but almost certainly. It's a very popular attraction on Sukkot.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 21 2023, 12:53 pm
Elfrida wrote:
I didn't look at the website, but almost certainly. It's a very popular attraction on Sukkot.

Thanks!

juggling

Post Thu, Sep 21 2023, 3:02 pm
amother OP wrote:
Are there any stroller friendly hikes/ national parks? Other than Masada mentioned above.

Any part of the country in particular? There's a paved trail in Ashdod, it's called park lachish. It's along a river, there are picnic tables and a small free zoo.

caza

Post Fri, Sep 22 2023, 6:32 am
amother Burntblack wrote:

I just booked this, thanks!
Is it very busy succos? I am hoping that there are limited amount of visitors allowed. I hate the parks in Israel on Chol hamoed, you can barely move so I hope this is better.

caza

Post Fri, Sep 22 2023, 6:33 am
I also found this website very informative
https://www.funinjerusalem.com/

Elfrida

Post Fri, Sep 22 2023, 7:26 am
caza wrote:
I just booked this, thanks!
Is it very busy succos? I am hoping that there are limited amount of visitors allowed. I hate the parks in Israel on Chol hamoed, you can barely move so I hope this is better.

Why would you think a sukkah exhibition in Israel on Chol haMoed Sukkot would not be busy?

There's a maximum number of tickets that can be booked, but it's going to be crowded.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics