Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Rosh Hashana-Yom Kippur
Mothers of young babies/toddlers

amother
OP

Post Sun, Sep 24 2023, 12:40 pm
And to those that iyh hope to be soon iyh your teffilos will be answered soon!
Looking for chizuk for YK for the day. I am by my in laws and my MIL doesn't go to shul so she stays in her room for the most part reading. Its pretty quiet here, no other kids are here expect mine. But she does help with with DC for a few hours so I can rest. But looking for inspiration for the day. I havent tapped into RH or aseres yemei teshuva at all. Feeling very guilty I have secular books to get through the day when I have time to myself.
Have tons of games and puzzles for DC to play with. Is play doh allowed on Yom Kippur? I just got a new set and I haven't opened it yet so wondering if it can be used tomorrow.
My husband is out all day. The day just flies by with potty training, accidents, changing outfits 10x a day. I started dropping nap time so bedtime gets earlier but Im thinking to let DC nap so I can have an hour to myself.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Sep 24 2023, 12:42 pm
I just got my mother mindsets email so I will read that, I enjoyed it last year on YK too.
I just feel guilty I am not tapped into the day. I did not even hear shofar on RH.
I was on bed rest and not feeling great. Not that thats a valid excuse but I just feel guilty

amother
NeonYellow

Post Sun, Sep 24 2023, 12:52 pm
No play doh

amother
Daffodil

Post Sun, Sep 24 2023, 12:57 pm
I saved my mishpacha/ family first from this past shabbos to read on yk. Also if your in laws have shelves of Jewish books you can look around and see what would be appropriate light enough reading that still is fitting for yk.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Sep 24 2023, 12:59 pm
amother Daffodil wrote:
I saved my mishpacha/ family first from this past shabbos to read on yk. Also if your in laws have shelves of Jewish books you can look around and see what would be appropriate light enough reading that still is fitting for yk.

I try not to buy mishpacha dont want to get into the reasons why but ill check out the sefarim. I was browsing last night and didnt see anything on YK though. Just a lot of halacha sefarim which I dont find interesting

amother
Butterscotch

Post Sun, Sep 24 2023, 1:01 pm
On rosh hashana I read a book about Rav Yitzchak Dovid Grossman which was mind blowing. Another book I recommend is the Eli Beer book.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Sep 24 2023, 1:03 pm
amother Butterscotch wrote:
On rosh hashana I read a book about Rav Yitzchak Dovid Grossman which was mind blowing. Another book I recommend is the Eli Beer book.

I dont have time to go out today to buy any seforim. DC is napping so I am catching up quickly on work emails that I cant get to tomorrow and imamother TMI Trying to make do with what I have and just if anyone has any nice chizuk of being a mom to young kids to share with others

amother
NeonYellow

Post Sun, Sep 24 2023, 1:17 pm
amother OP wrote:
I dont have time to go out today to buy any seforim. DC is napping so I am catching up quickly on work emails that I cant get to tomorrow and imamother TMI Trying to make do with what I have and just if anyone has any nice chizuk of being a mom to young kids to share with others

Not sure what would be helpful but we are doing our tafkid. Gd gave us these precious children and for right now this is what our tafkid is. It’s a sliver in time. Before we know it they’ll be grown but right now this is our avodah

amother
Whitesmoke

Post Sun, Sep 24 2023, 4:15 pm
Mushka mother has a great blog post about this. See if you can search for it online or on Imamother. Maybe someone can link it?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Rosh Hashana-Yom Kippur