Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Fitness minded mamas!

amother
OP

Post Sun, Sep 24 2023, 12:24 pm
I’m postpartum with my second baby. I had kids very late by community standards and so had my first two more or less back to back. I’m 31 for reference. But I feel like I’m much older. My body is killing me. I used to be super into fitness ( I was actually a high level athlete in college) and until my first kid was born I was in great shape. Now I’m desperate to get back into shape but don’t know where to start. My oldest is almost two and it’s really important for me to show her that mommies can be strong and fit and to model healthy living for her .but I’m so out of shape everything I do just hurts. Plus o have no time at all between two kids and work. How can I get back on track? I’m worried that as I have more kids I’ll just lose more and more strength and endurance

listenhere

Post Sun, Sep 24 2023, 12:46 pm
Check out Esther Taub Fitness. She has half hour videos, and her workouts are so fun that it’s a treat! She shows for beginner level as well, and has a special post partum program,

She kept me in shape in pregnancy and right after, so when I was ready to start harder workouts I was able to get right back to it.

amother
Geranium

Post Sun, Sep 24 2023, 12:52 pm
I start really slow and small. I do diastasis safe ten minute workouts from about 4-6 weeks postpartum. As I get stronger I do other types of ten minute workouts- with weights, dancing, elliptical… ten minutes isn’t so hard to get in. I usually do it after the kids are sleeping but sometimes I do it in the morning when they see.

amother
Seagreen

Post Sun, Sep 24 2023, 4:39 pm
I love my spin classes but I also make workout videos sometimes if you’re interested Smile YouTube modest movement

amother
Quince

Post Mon, Sep 25 2023, 3:40 pm
amother OP wrote:
I’m postpartum with my second baby. I had kids very late by community standards and so had my first two more or less back to back. I’m 31 for reference. But I feel like I’m much older. My body is killing me. I used to be super into fitness ( I was actually a high level athlete in college) and until my first kid was born I was in great shape. Now I’m desperate to get back into shape but don’t know where to start. My oldest is almost two and it’s really important for me to show her that mommies can be strong and fit and to model healthy living for her .but I’m so out of shape everything I do just hurts. Plus o have no time at all between two kids and work. How can I get back on track? I’m worried that as I have more kids I’ll just lose more and more strength and endurance

Okay your oldest is too small for you to model anything. Please model self-love and acceptance. Mommies come in all shapes.
You need to start with gently post-partum exercise, it should be labeled postpartum. After one baby I tried just to do pilates but it was too much. Plus I suffered from PP issues until after my following kids. Take care of your pelvix floor and core muscles building up gradually before you feel strong enough to finetune.

amother
Brown

Post Mon, Sep 25 2023, 4:02 pm
I first focused on losing excess weight. It's harder to move a larger body. I did do cardio though whilst the weight was coming off
I then started with pilates and built some strength and endurance and I now do calisthenics
I follow a fabulous program

amother
Cyclamen

Post Mon, Sep 25 2023, 9:33 pm
When my second child was born I started running. This was years ago, and have kept at it over the years and having more children, bH. I have trained and run races, also had times when I took things slower and then used couch to 5k to ease back in. This year I have been working with a nutritionist to help with weight loss from my most recent pregnancy so that running is more comfortable. I’m happy to share any info that might be helpful for you, feel free to ask!!

amother
Chambray

Post Mon, Sep 25 2023, 10:28 pm
Not op but can u share what nutritionist u using looking for someone thanks

amother
Cyclamen

Post Tue, Sep 26 2023, 6:13 am
I am working with someone in the Midwest, local to where I live.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise