Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Severe nausea and vomiting when travelling by car
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Pistachio

Post Mon, Jul 24 2023, 10:26 am
Wrist bands, tried only manual?
In case this has helped me somewhat (plus nibbling on saltines, empty stomach isn't helpful):

https://a.co/d/cRIE67T

madame

Post Mon, Jul 24 2023, 10:37 am
This helped you, or your child?
How effective was it? It's quite pricey.

amother
Pistachio

Post Mon, Jul 24 2023, 10:51 am
For myself. It is expensive but I was willing to try & it has been helpful, not 100%, but enough that I use regularly.

Must be positioned correctly to create impulse to run through wrist/up hand. It might be uncomfortable for some but if setting not too high I forget I'm even wearing.

I am very sensitive, even somewhat when driving if lots of reversing or more than 90 degree turns.

I like this link's brand better than the more expensive Relief band by the way, I've tried both.

madame

Post Mon, Jul 24 2023, 10:55 am
amother Pistachio wrote:
For myself.

Do you think it would be recommended for my 6 yr old?

amother
Pistachio

Post Mon, Jul 24 2023, 11:02 am
I don't see why not, but he might struggle to wear if he's sensitive. Anazon has a good return policy so you could try out.

I'd look at product details or call company first to make sure small enough for a child. If you're crafty &maybe can use something like a small ace bandage to secure? Hard to explain how but my device's wrist band actually eventually broke, so I glued the actual still working piece, the main part, to an old wrist watch to secure. It must be snug, not too tight, but snug in order to work.

amother
Emerald

Post Mon, Jul 24 2023, 11:02 am
amother OP wrote:
The blowing cold air definitely does help a little. We all take sweaters in the car bec we make it really cold for him. He has bags for vomit. Unfortunately uses them way too often. He refuses to eat bec he knows he will vomit. Even after travelling it takes him hours until he feels like he can nibble on some pretzels or crackers.

A few points my my personal experience...

An empty stomach makes you even more nauseous.
Try to sleep/close your eyes and rest your head on something
A/c blowing on you
Listen to music/story. distract yourself but stay calm no shmoozing etc
Make sure car has a pleasant small and not a 'car smell' a car smell triggers my system before we even start. When traveling in someone elses car I took along a sweater or something I can bury my head in to block out all smells.

Bh I outgrew it eventually but its real tough.

amother
Seagreen

Post Mon, Jul 24 2023, 11:11 am
Speaking from experience... The bus may be easier for him because he doesn't need to wear a seat belt. Check how the seatbelt is laying on him, it might be putting pressure on the wrong spot. Don't put him in the middle of the car. He needs to be on the side so that he doesn't sway back and forth and can lean against something. Keep the windows open. He should also lay slightly back. Make sure he has proper head support.

amother
Currant

Post Tue, Sep 26 2023, 8:33 pm
My DS got prescibed my his Neo neurologist half a tablet of Studeron.
(Ds suffers from migraines, this was a side point I just brought up)
I don't know where you live, but it's the european name.
It really works for him.
Perhaps you can look into it, and ask your pedeiatriscian to precribe it for him
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics