Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
I was a staunch Vaxxer then went completely anti vax - AMA
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next

amother
Ecru

Post Thu, Sep 28 2023, 3:54 pm
Shabbosiscoming wrote:
Side note on the "placebo" studies: contrary to popular belief, you can have strong, rigorous studies without blind randomized control tests with a placebo. Especially when it comes to medicine, it's problematic because you run into ethic problems. An intervention is often measured against a control group that receives the current standard intervention or in some case no intervention, if that is ethical.

But it won't tell you anything if that wasn't either tested against a proper placebo, which is the case with vaccines.

amother
NeonPink

Post Thu, Sep 28 2023, 3:55 pm
amother OP wrote:
I was pregnant during covid and was terrified of losing my baby. My husband and I got the first covid shot and got covid from the shot. My husband had a terrible reaction to it which we kept thinking was from covid and suffered for almost a year with head to toe psoriasis.
I had a reaction too, and got a massive cyst that appeared right after I gave birth which I also dismissed and said was nothing.

OP, you have lost me at the Polio hoax.
But I have to address the bolded.

As was already mentioned, you can’t get Covid from Moderna or Pfizer vaccines. And J&J wasn’t given to pregnant women. That not how they work. You mentioned that you got Covid in 5 days. I assume that’s that when you had tested positive. Covid incubation period is from 2 to 12 days, which means that you most probably got vaccinated while already infected.
I can believe you got all types of reactions from the vaccine, but not Covid.
I understand that this is going to fall on a deaf ears but I feel that it needs to be said.
To clarify, I don’t really have a bone in this fight. I’m neither pro or contra Covid vaccine. I had to get it since I work in healthcare, my DH never got it. And we both had Covid a couple of times together. Once in the very beginning and the second time - 2 years after.

amother
NeonPink

Post Thu, Sep 28 2023, 4:02 pm
For all those who claim that vaccines cause autism and ADHD and who knows what, you think that those diseases didn’t exist before? They were simply not as diagnosed as today. There was no awareness. And kids with ADHD were simply considered wilder chayas and unfortunately punished a lot. Or they were village idiots.
Today many scientists believe that Einstein, Mozart, Newton, Marie Curie had some form of autism. I can assure you that neither Mozart or Newton were vaccinated.

amother
Ecru

Post Thu, Sep 28 2023, 4:11 pm
amother NeonPink wrote:

As was already mentioned, you can’t get Covid from Moderna or Pfizer vaccines. And J&J wasn’t given to pregnant women. That not how they work. You mentioned that you got Covid in 5 days. I assume that’s that when you had tested positive. Covid incubation period is from 2 to 12 days, which means that you most probably got vaccinated while already infected.
I understand that this is going to fall on a deaf ears but I feel that it needs to be said.
To clarify, I don’t really have a bone in this fight. I’m neither pro or contra Covid vaccine. I had to get it since I work in healthcare, my DH never got it. And we both had Covid a couple of times together. Once in the very beginning and the second time - 2 years after.

One can't directly get covid from those as it does not contain virus, but it could weaken your immunity (especially towards other strains, and even more so someone who's been vaccinated with multiple doses)
In other words, a negative efficacy

amother
Ecru

Post Thu, Sep 28 2023, 4:13 pm
amother NeonPink wrote:
For all those who claim that vaccines cause autism and ADHD and who knows what, you think that those diseases didn’t exist before? They were simply not as diagnosed as today. There was no awareness. And kids with ADHD were simply considered wilder chayas and unfortunately punished a lot. Or they were village idiots.
Today many scientists believe that Einstein, Mozart, Newton, Marie Curie had some form of autism. I can assure you that neither Mozart or Newton were vaccinated.

There can be more than one cause to an illness.
Nobody is saying that vaccines are the ONLY cause, just a major cause

#BestBubby

Post Thu, Sep 28 2023, 4:14 pm
Trademark wrote:
Who cares what the supreme court said?

We are talking about putting others in danger.

Forcing people to Vax against their will

Is putting other people in danger.

Trademark

Post Thu, Sep 28 2023, 4:16 pm
#BestBubby wrote:
Forcing people to Vax against their will

Is putting other people in danger.

You are missing the point.

Where did I talk about forcing people?

I'm talking what's the responsible thing to do.

amother
Hotpink

Post Thu, Sep 28 2023, 4:17 pm
amother NeonPink wrote:

I am so so sad for you that you think one can’t covid from the vaccine.
Perhaps you believe government is there for our benefit?
What about project paperclip?

#BestBubby

Post Thu, Sep 28 2023, 4:18 pm
Trademark, then do you oppose vaccine mandates?
(Forcing vax)

Trademark

Post Thu, Sep 28 2023, 4:22 pm
#BestBubby wrote:
Trademark, then do you oppose vaccine mandates?
(Forcing vax)

I don't like when the governments intrude in people's lives.

But from a community/school POV I think it's ok to tell people to vaccinate if it's the general medical consensus that it's good for the health of the everyone.

I don't like mandates but unfortunately many people are selfish/stupid and don't do the responsible thing.

amother
Ecru

Post Thu, Sep 28 2023, 4:32 pm
Where I see the biggest disconnect is that,
While those who vaccinate look at it that, even though the vaccine might have side effects it is rare and minor, worth it against the terrible diseases,

The ones who don't vaccinate see it as, why should I risk a potential terrible side effect for either - a disease which most get over quickly/ the vaccine doesn't really work against anyway or wears off in a few years/a disease that never really was or is no longer an issue.

The two view the DISEASES very differently, not just the vaccines. It's inequal on both sides of the cost benefit analysis equation.

Those who give are scared not to vaccinate. Those who don't give don't see any point in yes vaccinating

amother
Ghostwhite

Post Thu, Sep 28 2023, 4:47 pm
amother Ecru wrote:
While those who vaccinate look at it that, even though the vaccine might have side effects it is rare and minor, worth it against the terrible diseases,

The ones who don't vaccinate see it as, why should I risk a potential terrible side effect for either - a disease which most get over quickly/ the vaccine doesn't really work against anyway or wears off in a few years/a disease that never really was or is no longer an issue.

The two view the DISEASES very differently, not just the vaccines. It's inequal on both sides of the cost benefit analysis equation.

Our view of the disease as deadly comes from those who manufacture the vaccine. Of course no one wants to get measles, but 60-70 years ago it was a normal fact of life like chickenpox or fifth disease - something uncomfortable that kids unfortunately got but in the long run makes them stronger.

(Not unlike Covid. It's not deadly. Yeah, some people died unfortunately and it's very sad, but I was never deathly afraid of Covid. More like, I'd rather avoid that, but definitely not a fear that would make me run get the shot.)

amother
Aqua

Post Thu, Sep 28 2023, 5:41 pm
Trademark wrote:
I agree with you on the covid vax.

I'm talking more of the standard childhood vaccines.

I don't think because the covid vax became so political (I don't trust them on the covid vax either) that the other vaccines based on years of research and have not been politicized (besides for a few anti-vax) have to be put under the same category.

This is where they all lost their chezkas kashrus for me. I can't accept that they have credibility sometimes.

amother
NeonPink

Post Thu, Sep 28 2023, 6:31 pm
amother Hotpink wrote:
I am so so sad for you that you think one can’t covid from the vaccine.
Perhaps you believe government is there for our benefit?
What about project paperclip?

I grew up in the Soviet Union. Distrust in the government is in my DNA.
Perhaps, I and my family members have a higher level of education than you and understand a little bit better how mRNA works.

amother
Seashell

Post Thu, Sep 28 2023, 7:22 pm
I was healthy until Covid.

A few months after my covid vaccine and booster, I developed two autoimmune diseases. Haven't taken covid shot since

A year or two later, I developed an heart issue. Dr wasn't sure what caused it. I assume I had Covid at some point and didn't test.

I think you can develop medical problems due to covid and due to the covid vax.

I still vaccinate my kids, but not for Covid.

amother
Ecru

Post Thu, Sep 28 2023, 9:51 pm
amother Ecru wrote:
But it won't tell you anything if that wasn't either tested against a proper placebo, which is the case with vaccines.

Here you can see all vaccines (US) and what the control was in trials used to license it.

amother
Lilac

Post Fri, Sep 29 2023, 1:39 am
For all those who have researched either side, I wonder what you think of the following as a possible alternate cause of rise in ADHD and similar. John Gray has a book abt diet where he claims that vitamin deficiency causes ADHD in boys and depression in girls. He says to take trace minerals as an antidote.

amother
Obsidian

Post Sat, Sep 30 2023, 6:15 pm
amother Ecru wrote:

Those who give are scared not to vaccinate. Those who don't give don't see any point in yes vaccinating

Re your bolded: Those who don't vaccinate are scared of the vaccines. Those who do vaccinate don't see benefit in avoiding vaccinations.

amother
Hyssop

Post Sun, Oct 01 2023, 9:27 am
#BestBubby wrote:
What is unethical about studying people who chose not to vaccinate

And comparing their health against the general population???

There is a pediatrician who did a Vax v unvax study based on his own patients (a couple thousand)
And the results were for autism

Completely unvaccinated 1:715

Partial spaced out Vaccinations. 1:438

And the general population (vaxxed per cdc) 1:45

But he probably had way more vaxxed patients than unvaxxed, no? And could it be the ones not vaxxing also wouldn't run so fast to diagnose their kids with autism? I dunno, it doesn't sound so convincing to me. Formal autism diagnosis is something some people run to get for various reasons, and some people just deal with their a little off/difficult/whatever kid, no?

As someone upthread mentioned, peanut allergies are not very prevalent in Israel at all, even though we do give those Vit K shots.

B'Syata D'Shmya

Post Sun, Oct 01 2023, 10:18 am
amother OP wrote:
This should be fun due to all the latest threads.
Title says it all.
All my children were vaccinated basically on schedule and fully 😭 until my fourth and fifth - and then my views completely changed.
Ask me anything. I will answer as best I can.
Be respectful. I will stop answering questions when people get mean.
Also - before the mean ones start, I was on the other side, but I was always respectful and never looked down on someone for making their decisions. Sometimes I laughed in my head at people like myself now, but I was never cruel like I see some people here who think they know so much more about a subject I’ve spent hours and hours and years learning about on my own because they trust their doctor to make their decisions for them based on one side.

What was your goal in starting this post and do you think you achieved it?
Page 7 of 10   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next Recent Topics