Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
OMG - AMI story making fun of Imamother!!
  Previous  1  2  3   10  11  12  Next

amother
Blonde

Post Fri, Sep 29 2023, 6:49 am
What page???
I looked through and can't find it Sad

rainbow dash

Post Fri, Sep 29 2023, 7:03 am
amother Blonde wrote:
What page???
I looked through and can't find it Sad

It's,in the calligraphy. Last one

rainbow dash

Post Fri, Sep 29 2023, 7:04 am
Sorry in the aim collection. The small booklet of stories

amother
Blonde

Post Fri, Sep 29 2023, 7:13 am
Thank you!! Smile

amother
Blonde

Post Fri, Sep 29 2023, 7:55 am
🤣 it's hilarious
I don't have other social media, is it a copy of imamother or are there other sites that look the same?

mommy3b2c

Post Fri, Sep 29 2023, 7:57 am
amother Burlywood wrote:
I know what satire is. I’m just not sure I have enough of a sense of humor to enjoy seeing us satirized.
Women come here and spill their guts about the most personal struggles. The thought of someone peering over our shoulders as we hand over the keys to our hearts and our deepest thoughts and feelings so they can turn us into caricatures in an imamother parody makes me cringe big time.

You should probably work on your sense of humor . I didn’t read the article but it sounds funny. And I’m general, it’s important to have a good sense of humor to be able to enjoy life.

ally

Post Fri, Sep 29 2023, 8:05 am
mommy3b2c wrote:
You should probably work on your sense of humor . I didn’t read the article but it sounds funny. And I’m general, it’s important to have a good sense of humor to be able to enjoy life.

I also haven't read the article but I have a pretty good sense of humor generally and this feels violating. I think it's because there are two aspects of imamother - there is the place where women come to talk and vent and joke about regular frum life - marriage and kids and schools and shabbos and yt. And there is plenty to satire there.

But imamother also has this other side where women in really dark places have a safe space with anonymity that I don't think exists anywhere else. And I think we as a community need to protect that and making satire and using this forum as source material does the opposite.

I assume that the article is talking more about the first issues... but it still doesn't sit with me.

Edited to add - I think it is also this feeling of someone listening in on a conversation to use it as source material without the agreement of the participants. Of course this is the internet and should be expected but it doesn't make it right for the person doing it.

Last edited by ally on Fri, Sep 29 2023, 8:50 am; edited 2 times in total

amother
Burlywood

Post Fri, Sep 29 2023, 8:10 am
mommy3b2c wrote:

Thanks. I don’t think my sense of humor needs work. It’s fine and like you said, helps me enjoy life, especially the parts most people wouldn’t find enjoyable. Sensitivity to other people’s feelings is another thing I value. It helps me and the people I care about also enjoy my life.

amother
Blonde

Post Fri, Sep 29 2023, 8:16 am
amother Burlywood wrote:
I know what satire is. I’m just not sure I have enough of a sense of humor to enjoy seeing us satirized.
Women come here and spill their guts about the most personal struggles. The thought of someone peering over our shoulders as we hand over the keys to our hearts and our deepest thoughts and feelings so they can turn us into caricatures in an imamother parody makes me cringe big time.

I thought it was good, read it..

amother
Maroon

Post Fri, Sep 29 2023, 8:19 am
Does the story mention the word imamother? If so, then it doesn't sit right with me either. But if it doesn't mention imamother, then it's just silly, but not wrong.

amother
Dahlia

Post Fri, Sep 29 2023, 8:21 am
Violating? Does it mention imamother anywhere on the article? Why is this different than publishing story overheard on city bus or by pta ?

If she used your specific post I can see that sting somewhat but this is completely made up & based on real stuff that happen here daily. Head over to the shalom bayis section for some live examples.

Another vote here that this isn't place to spill your private story. Its public forum for goodness sake!

singleagain

Post Fri, Sep 29 2023, 8:29 am
Again... if someone can post pictures of it... here are instructions on how to do that

scintilla

Post Fri, Sep 29 2023, 8:32 am
Oh man I won't get my Ami until next week. That's really funny though!! Riva is definitely on here, she has posted before and said that it was here. Can't wait to read it, sounds hilarious.

amother
Snowflake

Post Fri, Sep 29 2023, 9:01 am
amother Snowdrop wrote:
Yes women come here and spill their guts… to the whole World Wide … maybe people should not post their guts and most personal struggles on open Internet forums?

This.

ally

Post Fri, Sep 29 2023, 9:06 am
amother Snowflake wrote:
This.

What if they don't have somewhere else?

amother
RosePink

Post Fri, Sep 29 2023, 9:33 am
amother Cinnamon wrote:
Makes sense, I know she has an account here... I don't remember her screen name
Reminds me of the FS incident

We can't look up post history now, but I'm almost certain her screen name is Write On. She did identify herself under the screen name at least once.

Of course, she can easily be here and posting anonymously if she wants.

InnerPrincess

Post Fri, Sep 29 2023, 9:49 am
amother RosePink wrote:
We can't look up post history now, but I'm almost certain her screen name is Write On. She did identify herself under the screen name at least once.

Of course, she can easily be here and posting anonymously if she wants.

Ummmm.... What's the FS incident?

dena613

Post Fri, Sep 29 2023, 9:58 am
InnerPrincess wrote:
Ummmm.... What's the FS incident?

Search freidasima on this site.
She pretended she was a therapist or something and women confided in her via PM. She was really a researcher or professor (?) in an Israeli college (?) and used info from ima to write articles and papers.
She interacted here a lot.

If you have more time, search magentayenta on this site.
She didn't write abt imamother as far as is known, but she was eventually outed as not frum and interacted a lot on her.

It's a lot of reading... that can be your chol hamoed activity. Lol.

After these two, people here realized that while most are, not everyone is as they present.

amother
Navyblue

Post Fri, Sep 29 2023, 9:59 am
Someone pls post a pic.

amother
DarkPurple

Post Fri, Sep 29 2023, 10:21 am
Imamother is not the only online forum.
Its like writing an article that makes satire of what goes on in a family whatsapp group.
This is nothing like a researcher posing on imamother and using sensitive information collected under false pretense.
Page 2 of 12   Previous  1  2  3   10  11  12  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room