Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins
Baking with a bundt pan

cheerios

Post Mon, May 14 2007, 8:25 pm
When baking a cake in a Bundt pan, do you turn it upside down immediately, or wait til it cools before turning?

Ima'la

Post Mon, May 14 2007, 8:30 pm
the recipes always seem to say to cool inverted, but I never do since the first time I baked with a bundt pan (over 10 years ago!) and the first 2 times I made the cake and inverted it, it fell out! not in one piece! argh!

chocolate moose

Post Mon, May 14 2007, 8:35 pm
I'm also a fraidy cat.

cassandra

Post Mon, May 14 2007, 8:54 pm
I usually let it cool 15-20 and then invert and cool the rest of the way on a rack.

NotInNJMommy

Post Mon, May 14 2007, 10:53 pm
I've always waited for it to completely cool. My bundt pan has a non stick coating and I usually use a spray as well. I've only, k"ah had success if I wait for it to completely cool before inverting.

nana18

Post Tue, May 15 2007, 12:08 am
There is a non stick PAM spray that has FLOUR and OIL. It is amazing and the cakes come out so beautifully. I used it in my bundt pan and small cupcake pans and everything slides out.

GramaNewYork

Post Tue, May 15 2007, 7:30 am
I just made an apple cake on Sunday and cooled it upside - down. It fell out in pieces Sad

Luckily, I was able to salavage a few "slices" that I want to serve as dessert on Shavuous. The rest is bunches of mush.

Maybe in my case it wasn't supposed to be made in a bundt pan? The recipe didn't say. But I doubt I'll be cooling anything upside down anytime soon.

sarahd

Post Tue, May 15 2007, 7:37 am
The problem when cooling a heavy cake like an apple cake upside down is that the weight pulls the cake down out of the pan. That's why I only ever invert light cakes such as chiffon or sponge.

GramaNewYork

Post Tue, May 15 2007, 8:09 am
Live and learn. Thanks, Sarah D.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Tue, May 15 2007, 10:46 am
I use a silicon bundt pan. I don't invert the couple things I made (which were not chiffon or sponge cakes -- more like kugel and pound cake), and the silicon peels right off Smile

knishes

Post Tue, Jul 29 2008, 10:11 pm
Do you have to spray and flour a bundt tin for all cakes? Lat time I tried to just using oil...came out in pieces!

queen

Post Tue, Jul 29 2008, 10:51 pm
knishes wrote:
Do you have to spray and flour a bundt tin for all cakes? Lat time I tried to just using oil...came out in pieces!

I pam (spray) the pan VERY well. Usually comes out without a glitch.
I let it cool down for approx 20-30 minutes. then turn upside down. If cake stubborn in coming out sometimes I'll run a sharp knife along the edges, around cake.

octopus

Post Tue, Jul 29 2008, 10:53 pm
GramaNewYork wrote:
I just made an apple cake on Sunday and cooled it upside - down. It fell out in pieces Sad

Luckily, I was able to salavage a few "slices" that I want to serve as dessert on Shavuous. The rest is bunches of mush..

bunches of edible mush...my favorite!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins