Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
It isn’t just the frum schools!
Previous  1  2

Cheiny

Post Tue, Oct 03 2023, 1:37 pm
amother Vanilla wrote:
You should not be telling parents what to do, are you offering to pay the difference if one cuts back on their hours?
As long as they can make it work they can work as long as they need. Cutting back is not the solution to the school schedule issue.

No one should tell any parent what to do or how many hours to work or not, nor should the parents expect the schools to babysit their children for longer hours so that they can work.

That is not the responsibility of the school. Educating the children is.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Tue, Oct 03 2023, 2:38 pm
amother Sage wrote:
Yeah, that won't work for most families. Certainly not a large sized family.

My sil had that where mom worked all day, came home exhausted for dinner. Family member abused her in those times.
The money is not gonna be remembered later.

I'm sorry for what she went through, but abuse is not a normal occurrence with most families that have two full time working parents. And lots of abuse happens even when both parents don't work full time.

I know a lot of people who struggle to pay for care for elderly family members and knowing that the money is there for that is a huge stressor removed. People have their lives turned upside trying to make sure elderly parents have all their needs met when there's no money to pay for what's needed.

amother
Currant

Post Tue, Oct 03 2023, 2:42 pm
#BestBubby wrote:
Two parents should not work full-time.
In a utopia this is true. But in the real world, many working families need two full time incomes in order to put food on the table and clothing on their children. Its not always an option for both parents to do anything but work full time.

GLUE

Post Tue, Oct 03 2023, 7:12 pm
Cheiny wrote:
No one should tell any parent what to do or how many hours to work or not, nor should the parents expect the schools to babysit their children for longer hours so that they can work.

That is not the responsibility of the school. Educating the children is.

Schools should also help parents;

If school starts at 9:15\20 the school should not open up at 9:05 but at 8:45\50

My neighbor had it one year she had a kid that ended at 2:00 one that ended at 3:00 one at 4:00 the school did not have any type of clubs(of course no busing at any of the times)and she had a big fight with the school the school said we are not a babysitting service and she was like I am not a taxi service for a few weeks until she was able to arrange something.
If you are going to say why not arrange something before hand it's because a lot of times you can't.

A few years ago the Chicago school district made news because they said if you are even one minute late we are calling the police.

Schools are not babysitting service's but they do have an obligation to help parents.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics