Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Was wrongly diagnosed with a mental health issue as kid ama
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
Topaz

Post Mon, Oct 02 2023, 8:26 pm
amother OP wrote:
The school "lost" my file.

A lawyer might “find” it.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 02 2023, 9:25 pm
amother Topaz wrote:
A lawyer might “find” it.

You know what?
I just might do it! Thanks.
If not for me then for all the other kids who have to live for the adults in their lives

B'Syata D'Shmya

Post Mon, Oct 02 2023, 9:27 pm
amother OP wrote:
On the I didn't shake the diagnoses off and my family still treats me as though I still have it.

Can I adopt you? You are warmly welcome to join our fam.
No one has the right to treat you like less-than. Even if they think you have X.

Please put boundaries to protect yourself.

B'Syata D'Shmya

Post Mon, Oct 02 2023, 9:28 pm
amother OP wrote:
You know what?
I just might do it! Thanks.
If not for me then for all the other kids who have to live for the adults in their lives

THIS!!! You have my full support!!

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 02 2023, 10:09 pm
B'Syata D'Shmya wrote:
Can I adopt you? You are warmly welcome to join our fam.
No one has the right to treat you like less-than. Even if they think you have X.

Please put boundaries to protect yourself.

No nobody SHOULD be treated differently even if they have x as you put it.
But we have to realize that that's how people work.
Even the things that my parents knew weren't true (they just said them to get approved for services they thought I needed) affect how they interact with me and treat me to this day.
It's something I wish people would realize. I teach and you have no idea how many parents lie to the board of Ed just to get services.
No it's not worth it.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 02 2023, 10:10 pm
B'Syata D'Shmya wrote:
THIS!!! You have my full support!!

Thanks!
It means a lot to know people have my back.

B'Syata D'Shmya

Post Mon, Oct 02 2023, 11:09 pm
amother OP wrote:
No nobody SHOULD be treated differently even if they have x as you put it.
But we have to realize that that's how people work.
Even the things that my parents knew weren't true (they just said them to get approved for services they thought I needed) affect how they interact with me and treat me to this day.
It's something I wish people would realize. I teach and you have no idea how many parents lie to the board of Ed just to get services.
No it's not worth it.

You know that you cant change your parents, and they may have convinced themselves to believe what was convenient at the time.
You can put boundaries.
You cant change parents who lie to the BofE either... so forget that.
A lawsuit is interesting to open up pandoras box but expect a lot of push back and shaming. Yes we have your back but dont go in with blinders on.

In the meantime please focus on yourself. Focus on people who treat you well. Focus on your children. Focus on the good and joy in your life.

Chickensoupprof

Post Tue, Oct 03 2023, 12:00 am
I get it a bit OP. Once an counsellor in my primary school thought I was waaaaay more troubled and sent me to a psychologist. She wrote the most worst details that still haunt me to this day for instance: I had overly s-xually behaviour and would cross boundaries s-xually, I was psychotic, I was dressing like a shmatte r etc and I should be admitted in a clinic, would get schizophrenia or a schizoïde or schizotypical personality disorder I was 11!!! My mum was sometimes still trying to find clues if I wasn’t like that… well later I found out this psychologist wasn’t qualified for diagnosing and she wasn’t even qualified to work with children…. I still want to write a letter to her and the counselor I suspect them they had nothing better to do then indulge themselves in the fact I would be the most crazy person ever

abound

Post Tue, Oct 03 2023, 12:09 am
I am sorry for your pain. I dont think suing the school/ dr. Will make you feel better or give you closure. It's going to just drag you back into that horrible time and have you sink into these bad feelings. I think you need to get help so you can close up that part of your life.

amother
Lily

Post Tue, Oct 03 2023, 3:27 am
How did you feel while on medication?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 03 2023, 6:51 am
Chickensoupprof wrote:
I get it a bit OP. Once an counsellor in my primary school thought I was waaaaay more troubled and sent me to a psychologist. She wrote the most worst details that still haunt me to this day for instance: I had overly s-xually behaviour and would cross boundaries s-xually, I was psychotic, I was dressing like a shmatte r etc and I should be admitted in a clinic, would get schizophrenia or a schizoïde or schizotypical personality disorder I was 11!!! My mum was sometimes still trying to find clues if I wasn’t like that… well later I found out this psychologist wasn’t qualified for diagnosing and she wasn’t even qualified to work with children…. I still want to write a letter to her and the counselor I suspect them they had nothing better to do then indulge themselves in the fact I would be the most crazy person ever

Reading the evaluation reports were the worst. And most evaluators didn't even try to hide what they were writing. There was once a humorous incident when the social worker was observing me in the classroom she had he collar was tucked into her shirt we were nine and found it funny pretty soon the entire class had their shirt collars tucked in (including me) you can imagine the woman did not like that! The things she wrote about me... I was socialy iliterate sensory and a few other things and all I could think was were copying you woman!
Unfortunately since then I wasn't allowed to wear collars.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 03 2023, 7:01 am
amother Lily wrote:
How did you feel while on medication?

nauseous and dizzy. All the time.
Those days were a blur I didn't think of not taking them until I was 9 and they decided to up the dosage. The piIl was too big for me so I didn't take it that first day and then stopped cold turkey.
Yes I know that's dangerous and I guess hashem protected me.

amother
Daylily

Post Tue, Oct 03 2023, 7:04 am
I am so sorry you went through that Sad

amother
Pumpkin

Post Tue, Oct 03 2023, 7:06 am
So your parents went along with the school without questioning it?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 03 2023, 7:16 am
amother Pumpkin wrote:
So your parents went along with the school without questioning it?

like I said im not exactly my parents favorite.
The school also lied and told my parents the craziest things about me.
Oh and they were also threatened that I can't come to school anymore if I'm not medicated.

amother
Whitesmoke

Post Tue, Oct 03 2023, 12:21 pm
amother OP wrote:
With a special needs kid in the school the school got funding for a lot of things. Mainly teachers salaries.
My teachers got said through the board of ed. But Also supplies.
sickos.

Did the medicine have any effect on you mentaly/emotionally ?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 03 2023, 2:51 pm
amother Whitesmoke wrote:
sickos.

Did the medicine have any effect on you mentaly/emotionally ?

I get headaches a lot. Since I was medicated at an age when the brain develops. Also social skills like I said those days were a blur and I was fighting nausea so I didn't have time to learn things like social cues.
I've since found my place a married and have kids but I still have a hard time with headaches. And when I'm in my childhood community I revert to the awkwardness I felt when I was a kid.

B'Syata D'Shmya

Post Tue, Oct 03 2023, 3:52 pm
amother OP wrote:
I get headaches a lot. Since I was medicated at an age when the brain develops. Also social skills like I said those days were a blur and I was fighting nausea so I didn't have time to learn things like social cues.
I've since found my place a married and have kids but I still have a hard time with headaches. And when I'm in my childhood community I revert to the awkwardness I felt when I was a kid.

Totally normal, most of us do, even without your history. Please live in the moment and not the past. Focus on your amazing brachos- marriage and kids (not to be taken for granted). I wish you just nachas and good health.

amother
Emerald

Post Tue, Oct 03 2023, 8:34 pm
amother OP wrote:
Not sure I was 4 when I was put on medication (yes they diagnosed a 4 year-old as depressed. With a tendency to be late.)
I know my mother took me to a psychiatrist I don't know who it was though.

4 years old?
Did they try to work with you before medicating you? Were you in any special Ed programs when you were little?
I had the opposite. I have ADD and depression and nobody ever acknowledged it. I was socially off and nobody bothered to figure out what was wrong with me. I had no friends and was very lonely. I wish I would have been medicated earlier on.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 03 2023, 8:44 pm
amother Emerald wrote:
4 years old?
Did they try to work with you before medicating you? Were you in any special Ed programs when you were little?
I had the opposite. I have ADD and depression and nobody ever acknowledged it. I was socially off and nobody bothered to figure out what was wrong with me. I had no friends and was very lonely. I wish I would have been medicated earlier on.

No. They went straight to medication. I think that's because they knew they had my parents and they wouldn't when I got older.
Medication is given at youngest seven for this reason.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics