Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
I'm a BT (became frum college age) AMA
Previous  1  2

amother
Dandelion

Post Wed, Oct 04 2023, 9:12 am
amother Antiquewhite wrote:
Its not fair though to ignore a subgroup of BTs through kiruv groups who drop-it all following a realization they weren't given a full picture.

I'm not ignoring a subgroup. I'm aware that these people exist. I still think kiruv in college is a great thing, and their experience doesn't negate my experience.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 04 2023, 9:44 am
amother Antiquewhite wrote:
Its not fair though to ignore a subgroup of BTs through kiruv groups who drop-it all following a realization they weren't given a full picture.

That's why I push for more support after becoming frum. Living a frum life doesn't have to be harder than living a secular life but living without a community is nearly impossible. I was exposed to the difficulties of living a frum life when I was still very newly frum through living by a family but I also knew that how I was raised was not how I wanted to live and it's just weighing alternatives.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 04 2023, 9:48 am
amother Burntblack wrote:
How would you describe your relationship with hashem?

It fluctuates. Right now I'm at a pretty difficult life stage interpersonally so it's really easy to get into the mindset that I "did enough" growth just in comparison to how I was raised but I'm trying to rekindle the spark and put Hashem at the forefront for both me and my family.

amother
Yolk

Post Wed, Oct 04 2023, 9:55 am
amother OP wrote:
That's why I push for more support after becoming frum. Living a frum life doesn't have to be harder than living a secular life but living without a community is nearly impossible. I was exposed to the difficulties of living a frum life when I was still very newly frum through living by a family but I also knew that how I was raised was not how I wanted to live and it's just weighing alternatives.

I had a similar experience. I felt I was dropped once I committed.
I was told by the Kiruv family that there is a lot of funding for Kiruv but not for support afterwards, and they only have so many hours in the day.
Bh I made connections with great ppl afterwards.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 04 2023, 10:36 am
amother Yolk wrote:
I had a similar experience. I felt I was dropped once I committed.
I was told by the Kiruv family that there is a lot of funding for Kiruv but not for support afterwards, and they only have so many hours in the day.
Bh I made connections with great ppl afterwards.

My dream would be to creat some type of organization or something for women both married and single post teshuva because it really is a huge gap in the system.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics