Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
I'm an influencer AMA
Previous  1  2  3  4

amother
Watermelon

Post Thu, Oct 05 2023, 10:52 am
amother Butterscotch wrote:
It’s important to realize that a lot of influencers (most that I see) are carrying fake products. I can’t speak to the rest of it, but absolutely fake designer bags, etc

I'm not talking about those influencers. I'm referring to the influencers that show off their lifestyle. Their clothes, their vacations, and their accessories. Those have caused enormous harm.

Some influencers have cooking and baking stuff. Many if not most just post their daily routine and discuss this or that. Others are just promoting their personal business. I don't have an issue with those people. It's the ones that push and normalize the out of control extravagant lifestyle that I take issue with.

amother
Blushpink

Post Thu, Oct 05 2023, 3:16 pm
giftedmom wrote:
How do you justify doing this to your kids?

She didn't say she has kids. We have no idea.

When I follow someone and they start to use their kids as content, I unfollow immediately.

I'm assuming OP is not one of the ones who shows her kids honestly. Her comments on how her husband feels about her on IG hints to that she does not use her kids.

One person uses her kids so frequently, she also talks about their behavior issues. She's a frum women and I am really sad for those kids.

amother
Blushpink

Post Thu, Oct 05 2023, 3:18 pm
amother Watermelon wrote:
I'm not talking about those influencers. I'm referring to the influencers that show off their lifestyle. Their clothes, their vacations, and their accessories. Those have caused enormous harm.

Some influencers have cooking and baking stuff. Many if not most just post their daily routine and discuss this or that. Others are just promoting their personal business. I don't have an issue with those people. It's the ones that push and normalize the out of control extravagant lifestyle that I take issue with.

And there are those who show off all of that stuff and we (I bet most people) feel even worse wondering how they can afford it, when she makes her job and her husband's job public knowledge. I think all the likes and attention these people get feeds into it and they make their debt even bigger.

amother
Oldlace

Post Thu, Oct 05 2023, 3:36 pm
amother Blushpink wrote:
And there are those who show off all of that stuff and we (I bet most people) feel even worse wondering how they can afford it, when she makes her job and her husband's job public knowledge. I think all the likes and attention these people get feeds into it and they make their debt even bigger.

If you struggle with jealousy, maybe don’t follow people that appear to have more than you.

B”h this isn’t something I struggle with. I’m not even close to being rich and we don’t believe in credit card debt so we only spend whatever is in our budget. I’m not resentful of someone who has more because that has nothing to do with me. I’m happy that they’re fortunate enough to afford all these extra things. At most I’ll tell my husband “when we’re rich some day, I want xyz thing that this influencer has.” And that’s about it. I’m not walking around all mad that other people have more than I have. I’m not against showing off either, if it’s done in a “by the way” kind of way rather than “I have this and you don’t”

Also why do people think it’s influencers creating jealousy? Most people who have jealousy issues will have it about their family, friends and neighbors as well but somehow think it’s just the influencers

giftedmom

Post Thu, Oct 05 2023, 3:44 pm
amother Blushpink wrote:
She didn't say she has kids. We have no idea.

When I follow someone and they start to use their kids as content, I unfollow immediately.

I'm assuming OP is not one of the ones who shows her kids honestly. Her comments on how her husband feels about her on IG hints to that she does not use her kids.

One person uses her kids so frequently, she also talks about their behavior issues. She's a frum women and I am really sad for those kids.

I don’t actually follow any of those but sometimes brands put their videos on WhatsApp status, and the expressions on those kids faces absolutely break my heart.
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics