Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Tell me a secret about your industry..
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

amother
Oleander

Post Thu, Oct 05 2023, 4:48 pm
giftedmom wrote:
Another thing about marketing is that website reviews are all made up

The company I work for only posts real reviews from actual customers and we have close to 5 stars. However, if we know a client is happy we will ask them if they mind giving us a review and we'll send them a link to make it easy. Most of our clients are legitimately happy with our service. We will never mention the word review to clients who are unhappy and we find that they hardly ever take the time to post a negative review.

amother
Lightyellow

Post Thu, Oct 05 2023, 4:54 pm
giftedmom wrote:
I’ve written several websites and this is what I was told to do every time🤷🏽‍♀️

That’s on you. Do you also exaggerate company stats and inflate promises ???

amother
Molasses

Post Thu, Oct 05 2023, 4:56 pm
amother Lightyellow wrote:
I beg to differ. I’ve written 50+ websites to date and never fake reviews. They’re all taken from customers directly or not put in at all.

My company makes them up
We get people we know to leave google reviews ect

amother
Scarlet

Post Thu, Oct 05 2023, 5:03 pm
If insurance agency finds you a really cheap quote they slap on random agency fees for their own pocket.

amother
Oxfordblue

Post Thu, Oct 05 2023, 5:11 pm
If you send your baby to a daycare with socks a headband or any other small product it's comeing off as soon as you walk out!

amother
Coral

Post Thu, Oct 05 2023, 5:12 pm
I'm an art teacher.
People think being artistic is a talent you need to be born with. It's not true.
Almost anyone can learn to draw. It's not about talent, but about motivation. And having good instruction.
I have seen people with 0 talent (in my opinion) do incredible artwork after learning the right techniques.

amother
SandyBrown

Post Thu, Oct 05 2023, 5:24 pm
amother Oleander wrote:
The company I work for only posts real reviews from actual customers and we have close to 5 stars. However, if we know a client is happy we will ask them if they mind giving us a review and we'll send them a link to make it easy. Most of our clients are legitimately happy with our service. We will never mention the word review to clients who are unhappy and we find that they hardly ever take the time to post a negative review.

I'd assume that most of your clientel is Jewish and frum. In the mainstream world unhappy customer are much quicker to post negative reviews that positive reviews. So if 99% of your customers are happy then it would make sense for 80-90% of your google reviews to be 5*.

amother
Oleander

Post Thu, Oct 05 2023, 5:31 pm
amother SandyBrown wrote:
I'd assume that most of your clientel is Jewish and frum. In the mainstream world unhappy customer are much quicker to post negative reviews that positive reviews. So if 99% of your customers are happy then it would make sense for 80-90% of your google reviews to be 5*.

Most are not frum. I would say we have about 25% frum clientele. Most are middle aged and older which may explain why they're not as quick to leave reviews.

amother
SandyBrown

Post Thu, Oct 05 2023, 5:32 pm
I beg to differ. I’ve written 50+ websites to date and never fake reviews. They’re all taken from customers directly or not put in at all.

This is completely different to Google reviews. You are writing the website and putting on good reviews. Of course anyone who builds a website can do this. A company who has Google reviews has no control over what customers write. The owner can reply to the review but you cannot take it down. It will be there forever. Anyone with knowledge of reviews wouldn't trust reviews on the company's own website. Like I'd never stay at a hotel that doesn't have Google reviews.

amother
Lime

Post Thu, Oct 05 2023, 6:24 pm
I work in the public school system and work half as hard as the teachers in a frum school for double or triple the pay.

Contrary to what you read in the news, the teachers union does not have the teachers' or students' good in mind. They are the most corrupt organization and we teachers actually hate them.

weasley

Post Thu, Oct 05 2023, 6:30 pm
amother Coral wrote:
I'm an art teacher.
People think being artistic is a talent you need to be born with. It's not true.
Almost anyone can learn to draw. It's not about talent, but about motivation. And having good instruction.
I have seen people with 0 talent (in my opinion) do incredible artwork after learning the right techniques.

I would love to learn those techniques!! Any YouTube videos you'd reccomend?

amother
Snow

Post Thu, Oct 05 2023, 6:35 pm
If your tax return is done by a mid-to-large size accounting firm, and a manager/supervisor/partner etc tells you not to worry, they will personally prepare your return, nine times out of ten they assign it to a subordinate the second they get off the phone with you.

amother
Coffee

Post Thu, Oct 05 2023, 6:35 pm
Im a special Ed teacher and work one on one with students. The students that give me the hardest time are the ones that I think of most years later.... I would love if parents would send me a quick picture and update, I miss them (maybe not in terms of teaching them, but in terms of missing them themselves). I don't know if parents realize how much we end up careing and loving their children.

amother
Brass

Post Thu, Oct 05 2023, 6:43 pm
I work in HR.
When I tell you “I need to run it by the board” or the board didn’t approve it” it means the decision of one single quacko depending on his moods. No board.

You salary depends on your level of self worth and bitachon. 1000000% percent. Your raise or no raise request depends on that too. Fact.

giftedmom

Post Thu, Oct 05 2023, 6:46 pm
That’s on you. Do you also exaggerate company stats and inflate promises ???

I don’t think it’s on me. I’m just the content writer.

amother
Vanilla

Post Thu, Oct 05 2023, 6:52 pm
amother Lime wrote:
I work in the public school system and work half as hard as the teachers in a frum school for double or triple the pay.

Contrary to what you read in the news, the teachers union does not have the teachers' or students' good in mind. They are the most corrupt organization and we teachers actually hate them.

How do you work half as hard? There is way more paperwork and planning requirements in a public school, plus you probably work more hours.

amother
Yellow

Post Thu, Oct 05 2023, 7:05 pm
amother Coffee wrote:
Im a special Ed teacher and work one on one with students. The students that give me the hardest time are the ones that I think of most years later.... I would love if parents would send me a quick picture and update, I miss them (maybe not in terms of teaching them, but in terms of missing them themselves). I don't know if parents realize how much we end up careing and loving their children.

some teachers...
remember I went up to a teacher I had in elementary school when I was probably college aged and she had no idea who I was. only once I mentioned a kid that acted up that was in my class did she remember that kid so yeah I think they remember the more challenging kids, but still don't think she remembered me. We were a class of 13 kids, not a big class. I pretty much looked the same, was an active participant, kind of awkward.

Eta: I had a different teacher who really cares about his students and years later he still remembers them and we still are fond of him. I think he got a beracha at one friends wedding to give you an idea...so it really depends.

amother
Crystal

Post Thu, Oct 05 2023, 7:20 pm
I’m an attorney. The reason we “charge so much” is because you are paying for a specialized service. Go for the cheaper lawyer and we end up fixing their mistakes. Just not worth it.

Additionally - for litigation in court and beis din - the really expensive cases is usually bc one side just won’t settle. So do we do 100+ hours of work it’s going to cost 50k bc you couldn’t give in.

amother
Oldlace

Post Thu, Oct 05 2023, 7:24 pm
amother Brass wrote:
I work in HR.
When I tell you “I need to run it by the board” or the board didn’t approve it” it means the decision of one single quacko depending on his moods. No board.

You salary depends on your level of self worth and bitachon. 1000000% percent. Your raise or no raise request depends on that too. Fact.

Omg are you my former coworker? The raise solely depends on the his mood.

amother
Midnight

Post Thu, Oct 05 2023, 7:27 pm
amother Lime wrote:

I’ve only taught in frum schools can you elaborate?
Page 3 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics