Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
TO sweatshirt from last year - how much were they
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 17 2023, 8:04 am
Last year I bought my ds the sweatshirt from TO from His place in Lakewood (moose knuckles I think they are called?) and after washing it it's a bit discolored. I see what he is saying but I keep telling him I spend close to $150 on this sweatshirt and he is not getting a new one. He says they were closer to $100.

Does anyone know how much His Place sold these sweatshirts for last year? And is anyone else's discolored?

amother
Chambray

Post Tue, Oct 17 2023, 8:07 am
If he wants a new sweatshirt he can have a new sweatshirt. I don't wear discolored clothing, why are you making him wear that?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 17 2023, 8:08 am
amother Chambray wrote:
If he wants a new sweatshirt he can have a new sweatshirt. I don't wear discolored clothing, why are you making him wear that?

Right now it's not in the budget... things changed this year. Also it's not very discolored- it's a bit off by the hood.
Question is not about getting a new sweatshirt - but how much those sweatshirts were last year.

amother
Ghostwhite

Post Tue, Oct 17 2023, 8:14 am
I saw those but it was too much money for me to spend. If I remember correctly it was around $200.
My son is wearing a black zip up hoodie from Amazon for $25. He said half his school has the same hoodie.
When I buy my kids expensive,warm winter coats- the rule is that they have to wear them for 2 years. Usually doesn’t fit any longer.
If you spent a lot and it fits and looks respectable, he should still wear it. That’s my opinion.
It doesn’t matter exactly how much it costs. Even $100 is a lot when plenty boys are keeping warm with sweatshirts that cost $19.99. It certainly wasn’t cheap. It’s a name brand.

amother
Papaya

Post Tue, Oct 17 2023, 8:17 am
Didn't TO make their own line of sweatshirts?

amother
Wallflower

Post Tue, Oct 17 2023, 8:18 am
There are two diff sweatshirts there.
His place happens to sell the moose knuckles brand which is brand name and very expensive
They also sell their own TO brand sweatshirt which is also nice and warm.

Personally I bought my kids very cozy black sweatshirts from Abercrombie for about $30/40 and they still fit this year
I happen to like buying designer brands when I could afford it or I feel it’s necessary but I didn’t think they needed it (they’re lower elementary, if they were in mesivta I might feel differently)

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 17 2023, 8:18 am
amother Papaya wrote:
Didn't TO make their own line of sweatshirts?

I got it at His place last year. It was a fortune but I can't remember how much. If anyone knows for sure I'd like to know - just for my own curiosity sake. Not looking to say bad about the company or store....

happy7

Post Tue, Oct 17 2023, 8:20 am
Why os the cost part of the discussion?

Is he willing to wear a different brand?

I can understand your frustration. I have had clothing that I spent a lot of money on, and then it gets ruined, even when washing it on gentle.

But, I try not to make my children wear clothing that looks worn out or stained or discolored. I might replace it with something much cheaper though.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 17 2023, 8:21 am
happy7 wrote:
Why os the cost part of the discussion?

Is he willing to wear a different brand?

I can understand your frustration. I have had clothing that I spent a lot of money on, and then it gets ruined, even when washing it on gentle.

But, I try not to make my children wear clothing that looks worn out or stained or discolored. I might replace it with something much cheaper though.

Just a curiosity thing - wondering if it was $100 or closer to $200. I forgot and just want to know.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Tue, Oct 17 2023, 8:23 am
amother Chambray wrote:

Are you offering to buy OP's child a new $150 sweatshirt? Who are you to say he can have a new one? He does not have to wear this shirt, OP is not making him wear it. He wants a new one for another $150. Even if it was "only" $100, it's still a TON for a sweatshirt. Maybe she bought it for him for a special gift for a reason and would not normally spend so much on it.

amother
Ruby

Post Tue, Oct 17 2023, 2:39 pm
amother OP wrote:
Just a curiosity thing - wondering if it was $100 or closer to $200. I forgot and just want to know.

If you bought it on a credit card just look up the old statement.

amother
Copper

Post Tue, Oct 17 2023, 3:17 pm
They’re selling for $110 this year I would imagine last year was similar ..

amother
Blueberry

Post Tue, Oct 17 2023, 3:21 pm
amother OP wrote:
I got it at His place last year. It was a fortune but I can't remember how much. If anyone knows for sure I'd like to know - just for my own curiosity sake. Not looking to say bad about the company or store....

My son got the T.O. brand from His Place last year, and I believe it was $110. (For me, that’s still a lot. And my son is also asking for a new one..) This is the one that came with a faux fur lining in a few color options. (I don’t know if you got a different version that may have cost more.)

ETA: He really used it as a jacket/coat, too. It’s much heavier than the $25 hoodies that I also buy on Amazon. Has a coat type of lining.

INSPIREME

Post Tue, Oct 17 2023, 3:22 pm
The T.O. Collection sweatshirts are $115 now on the His place website

amother
Puce

Post Tue, Oct 17 2023, 3:24 pm
They def weren't 200 dollars.
This is the t.o. hoodies

amother
Puce

Post Tue, Oct 17 2023, 3:26 pm
I was just in the store today actually and considering buying it for my 7 and 10 yr old boys too.
My 13 yr old son has it from last yr.

shev

Post Tue, Oct 17 2023, 3:35 pm
His place has theyre own sweatshirts the company is t.o. and thats costs $110. Op is talking about the moose knuckles sweatshirt not t.o.

amother
Moccasin

Post Tue, Oct 17 2023, 5:27 pm
If it's a black hoodie , can you color in the discolored part with a black sharpie laundry marker?

amother
Moccasin

Post Tue, Oct 17 2023, 5:51 pm
If it's a black hoodie , can you color in the discolored part with a black sharpie laundry marker?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 17 2023, 5:58 pm
Thanks guys. I believe the $110 number is correct. Just wanted to know for my own knowledge. I'm definitely not buying him another sweatshirt again this year since I bought a bit on the large size so he can have for two years.

And just to be clear it is amazing quality - nothing wrong with their stuff. It discolored as most stuff do after multiple washes.

Thanks!
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics