Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Child with psoriasis
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Coffee

Post Mon, Oct 23 2023, 5:25 pm
amother Jean wrote:
No personal experience but based on what I understood, the shots are immunosuppressants. Does your child get sick a lot? I was close to getting prescribed them for myself and I was very, very nervous.

Another option is UV treatment. That was the other treatment presented to me.

This. She is still a developing teen and as with all these kind of things I keep thinking let it be my last resort.
I’ve been told that UV treatments has it’s risks too?
Also if you have psoriasis on a big percentage of your body they don’t approve the UV treatment.
That’s what I was told but didn’t check it out.
Would love to get it treated the natural way. I have heard that Sarno can be effective too?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 23 2023, 5:27 pm
amother Coffee wrote:
This. She is still a developing teen and as with all these kind of things I keep thinking let it be my last resort.
Also if you have psoriasis on a big percentage of your body they don’t approve the UV treatment.
Would love to get it treated the natural way. I have heard that Sarno can be effective too?

trying to get info on Sarno method as well. is this done with EFT /tapping?

amother
Jean

Post Mon, Oct 23 2023, 5:32 pm
amother Coffee wrote:

Yes, I'm sure UV has risks too. He didn't want me to do it until I tried stelera and a strong salicylic acid. I had an allergic reaction to the latter.

I had my yeshua when I tried a stronger antibiotic for my reoccurring strep plus treated my kids who were carrying it. My psoriasis went from embarrassing and unbearable to annoying and a bit painful but treatable (with creams).

amother
Jean

Post Mon, Oct 23 2023, 5:35 pm
amother OP wrote:
my husband is on stelara and is happy with the results . so nervous to start on a young child though....

My 9 year old was prescribed it. I use it when her psoriasis gets very bad. She loves how it's icy cold.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 23 2023, 5:37 pm
amother Jean wrote:
My 9 year old was prescribed it. I use it when her psoriasis gets very bad. She loves how it's icy cold.

not sure what you mean by this...its an injection AFAIK, not topical

amother
Jean

Post Mon, Oct 23 2023, 5:38 pm
amother OP wrote:

Omg my brain! Enstilar.

amother
Steelblue

Post Mon, Oct 23 2023, 5:53 pm
another vote to ask a doctor to test for and possibly treat for strep. I had this happen to me! and a dermatologist found a psoriasis spot on my scalp that was oozing - turns out I had a strep and staph infection and that was what triggered the psoriasis. Same to another family member, just strep for them. antibiotics got rid of the infection and stopped the immune response, within a few months it was nearly 100% gone.

amother
Slateblue

Post Mon, Oct 23 2023, 6:03 pm
amother Jean wrote:
The shots come with risks. Iiuc they're immunosuppressive. Better strong steroids than that.
Steroids are immunosuppressive as well.

amother
Coffee

Post Mon, Oct 23 2023, 6:16 pm
amother Steelblue wrote:
another vote to ask a doctor to test for and possibly treat for strep. I had this happen to me! and a dermatologist found a psoriasis spot on my scalp that was oozing - turns out I had a strep and staph infection and that was what triggered the psoriasis. Same to another family member, just strep for them. antibiotics got rid of the infection and stopped the immune response, within a few months it was nearly 100% gone.

But my daughter got her psoriasis from the constant antibiotics she was on when she was 7yrs old. It was a reaction to both. It’s been years and she be doesn’t have strep anymore so I doubt this would be helpful. The antibiotics were the culprit in creating her gut imbalance. No amt of diets were able to reverse it thus far. I’ve been to natural practitioners too.
Im nervous to start with the injections. 🤔

amother
Coffee

Post Mon, Oct 23 2023, 6:16 pm
amother OP wrote:

I’m not sure. I just see it advertised all over.

amother
Alyssum

Post Mon, Oct 23 2023, 6:23 pm
Miracle clay cured my husband’s psoriasis that he had been dealing with since childhood.

amother
Coffee

Post Mon, Oct 23 2023, 7:06 pm
amother Alyssum wrote:
Miracle clay cured my husband’s psoriasis that he had been dealing with since childhood.

Taken by mouth?
Excuse my ignorance.
How long did it take and was he also on a Special diet?

amother
Jean

Post Tue, Oct 24 2023, 12:12 am
amother Slateblue wrote:
Steroids are immunosuppressive as well.

Oral steroids. Not creams and lotions.

amother
Alyssum

Post Tue, Oct 24 2023, 9:34 pm
amother Coffee wrote:
Taken by mouth?
Excuse my ignorance.
How long did it take and was he also on a Special diet?

Taken orally, yes. No special diet. Tried to eat pretty healthily in general

mom4many

Post Wed, Oct 25 2023, 2:04 am
mom4many wrote:
My daughter suddenly started bleeding on her scalp from psoriasis as an early teen. We obviously applied whatever creams & shampoos prescribed by the dr & it was like an SOS treatment- improved but didn’t heal.
A few acupuncture treatments really did the job. This was around 10 yrs. ago.

Since then it’s been “maintenance”. She uses special shampoos, tries to go to the Dead Sea 1-2 times a year (we live in Israel). When it does flare up she goes for a few more acupuncture sessions.

After having a baby her psoriasis flared up again & she went again for acupuncture and it helped.

As far as I understand, acupuncture for kids is much more mild & doesn’t entail leaving needles in. But check before going.

Acupuncture is far safer & effective! Look into it.

amother
Oldlace

Post Sat, Oct 28 2023, 8:12 pm
My son has strep again. Last time he had psoriasis with strep probably from the antibiotics. Is there another way to rid strep? No fever bh does he really need the meds?

amother
Phlox

Post Sat, Oct 28 2023, 9:42 pm
amother Oldlace wrote:
My son has strep again. Last time he had psoriasis with strep probably from the antibiotics. Is there another way to rid strep? No fever bh does he really need the meds?

Many people with psoriasis are sensitive to strep infections, not to the antibiotics. If you have a particular reason to think it's the antibiotics causing the flare up, you can ask the doctor to prescribe medication without penicillin. Then you can see whether he still gets a reaction. If he does, you know the strep itself is the culprit. If he doesn't, then you can assume he is sensitive to penicillin. (Standard treatment for strep is amoxicillin, which contains penicillin. People who are allergic to penicillin get prescribed something else - for adults is a Z-pack, I don't remember what kids get. I know it tastes disgusting, much worse than the pink bubble gum amoxicillin.)
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics