Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
We’re negative $311 and it’s Tuesday and
Previous  1  2

doodlesmom

Post Wed, Nov 01 2023, 5:15 pm
I was just told that toddler overnight babysitting can charge $150 to $200 a night.
Is that something you’re up for?

livinginflatbus

Post Wed, Nov 01 2023, 5:30 pm
I have a black coat size medium I think the company is sam. In good condition. Think it's around a 6. Pm me if interested

amother
Stoneblue

Post Wed, Nov 01 2023, 7:08 pm
doodlesmom wrote:
I was just told that toddler overnight babysitting can charge $150 to $200 a night.
Is that something you’re up for?
I know someone who charges $1,500 per week for overnight babysitting.

amother
Clematis

Post Wed, Nov 01 2023, 7:40 pm
amother Sand wrote:
OP I feel for you a lot. It must be incredibly hard to not have money to pay for necessities. In the nicest way possible, What is important here is to teach your daughter than a brand name alo coat is not a necessity for the family right now and a regular non brand name coat is. If you start down the path of spending your money that you need for necessities on the brand name items for your daughter it will never end. If your daughter wants that coat then id recommend she pay the difference it would cost by babysitting or some other job she can get. And I have a teen who always asks for different brand name items also and if I can afford it then great, and if I cant then the answer is no. Its ok to tell your kids you cant afford something. Which when you're stating you are negative $311 in your account you actually cant afford it. Kids need to understand the value of money or they end up in situations down the road where they cant afford items for their own families.

I disagree.

amother
Sand

Post Thu, Nov 02 2023, 9:23 am
amother Clematis wrote:
I disagree.

Disagree on what? that she should spend the money she doesnt have on a brand name coat for her daughter?

amother
Brass

Post Thu, Nov 02 2023, 10:22 am
amother Sand wrote:
OP I feel for you a lot. It must be incredibly hard to not have money to pay for necessities. In the nicest way possible, What is important here is to teach your daughter than a brand name alo coat is not a necessity for the family right now and a regular non brand name coat is. If you start down the path of spending your money that you need for necessities on the brand name items for your daughter it will never end. If your daughter wants that coat then id recommend she pay the difference it would cost by babysitting or some other job she can get. And I have a teen who always asks for different brand name items also and if I can afford it then great, and if I cant then the answer is no. Its ok to tell your kids you cant afford something. Which when you're stating you are negative $311 in your account you actually cant afford it. Kids need to understand the value of money or they end up in situations down the road where they cant afford items for their own families.

I'm sure op's daughter understands the value of money. It doesn't sound like she is bombarding her parents for a lot of things. She knows she needs a coat and yes it can matter to a teen which it is, all the more when she knows she isn't really getting other things also. I'm not saying op should spend above what she feels comfortable but she is right to give weight to her daughters feelings about which she wants. Her daughter is entitled to be a normal teenager and have normal desires even if op is struggling financially.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics