Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Problem loosing weight

Appletree

Post Mon, Aug 04 2008, 9:14 am
I want to loose weight. but I have 2 problems why it so hard for me
1.Im not very strong
2. I love nosh
any suggestion what I can do ( like good tips on how to be strong)

OldYoung

Post Mon, Aug 04 2008, 9:15 am
Put your nosh in the back, back, back of your closet.

Write a shopping list before you go shopping. Do not put nosh on it. Make sure to put a few healthy snacks that you like on it. Make a commitment to stick to the list.

Brush your teeth when you finish supper and don't eat after that.

mommysbest

Post Mon, Aug 04 2008, 9:28 am
Ask around and you'll see everyone is struggling with their weight, even thin people. I feel a very good tip is to do some walking every morning and have a schedule of what you are going to eat the next day. It really is not easy but it works.

PIP

Post Mon, Aug 04 2008, 9:39 am
I also have a very strong sweet tooth! I have absolutely no self control when it comes to junk!
Some things that really helped me were:

Try making a food journal- and don't cheat. Write down every bite of a cookie that you tasted! It really helped me until I got into the routine of things.

I always let myself splurge on Shabbat. Don't deprive yourself too much or you'll give up!

Get rid of junk in your house, and replace it w\ cheeses sticks, yogurt, fruits - It's really that one big trip ou make, then it becomes apart of your house and you restock as you need to.

Don't even walk down the junk food aisle. and NEVER go shopping when you're hungry!!!

Crazy as it sounds, I made believe I was allergic to all junk in the house. It really helped! (I'm weird- but it worked!)

Get into some kind of exercise routine be it walking, working out, or using tomato sauce cans as weights! Start slow, the more you exercise, the easier it will get. You'll build your muscles (which also helps burn fat even when you're not exercising.)

Don't eat past 7:30 NO MATTER WHAT!

Good Luck!

octopus

Post Mon, Aug 04 2008, 10:54 am
It's not enough to put the junk food in the back closet - GET IT OUT OF YOUR HOUSE!!!
Also, start exercising- it will make you feel good about yourself. When you feel good about yourself, it's easier to stick to your goals.

Evaluate those who are around you. Are they secretly sabotaging you from reaching your goals? Is your husband stocking up on junk food? Is he willing to help you plan more healthy meals?

Stock your house with low fat items. Buy skim milk, use low-fat cheese and yogurts. Eat only whole wheat products. Stock up on fruits and vegetables. If you don't have junk in the house, you are forced to grab a peach or plum instead of a cookie.

Do it for yourself. Not for anyone else. Not for your husband, mother-in-law, or friends. You are doing it because this is what you want, and no one else can stop you.

Good Luck!

OldYoung

Post Mon, Aug 04 2008, 10:57 am
happy2BaMommy wrote:
It's not enough to put the junk food in the back closet - GET IT OUT OF YOUR HOUSE!!!

lol if she has a DH like I do, then that will NEVER work Wink

Appletree

Post Mon, Aug 04 2008, 11:54 am
thank you all for you help.
first of all I go to the gym 4-5 times a week. secont of all how can I not have junk in the house, I have kids, what am I supposed to give them? if not cookies or nosh

mummy-bh

Post Mon, Aug 04 2008, 12:05 pm
It really won't do them any harm to do without the nash!

You can buy dried fruits and nuts for shabbos party and the like.

If you absolutely MUST buy rubbish for them, you can get stuff that you don't like.

yentaof8

Post Mon, Aug 04 2008, 12:24 pm
I'm the fittest, fattest person I know. I go to the gym several times a week (I'm in the Catskills for the summer, so I go every day now), work out with weights and do classes. I feel more toned but haven't lost an ounce. I admit, while I try to eat sensibly, I'll indulge on Shabbos or at a gathering where refreshments are served. But I really set out this summer to lose majorly and that's not happening and it's already August 4th!!

octopus

Post Mon, Aug 04 2008, 1:24 pm
yentaof8 wrote:
I'm the fittest, fattest person I know. I go to the gym several times a week (I'm in the Catskills for the summer, so I go every day now), work out with weights and do classes. I feel more toned but haven't lost an ounce. I admit, while I try to eat sensibly, I'll indulge on Shabbos or at a gathering where refreshments are served. But I really set out this summer to lose majorly and that's not happening and it's already August 4th!!

but maybe you lost inches?
The scale is not the only way to gauge weight loss. I find that I lose inches b/f I lose weight and then bam! 10 pounds come off.

octopus

Post Mon, Aug 04 2008, 1:25 pm
Appletree wrote:
thank you all for you help.
first of all I go to the gym 4-5 times a week. secont of all how can I not have junk in the house, I have kids, what am I supposed to give them? if not cookies or nosh

Kids don't have to have cookies or nosh on a regular basis. It should only be a treat. Why can't they have (whole wheat) pretzels, popcorn, or a fruit?

yentaof8

Post Mon, Aug 04 2008, 1:28 pm
I am eagerly awaiting the Bam! of having lost 10 lbs. I know I would be doing myself the best service if I'd only zip it (my mouth, that is)

ffbmom

Post Mon, Aug 04 2008, 2:55 pm
Actually, you may have to rev up your metabolism. Make sure to eat a good breakfast, with lots of fibre. Get rid of anything white (sugar, flour, potatoes) and substitute with whole wheat. Check lables so that you ingest the smallest amounts of sugar (and check those yogurt containers and ketchup!!). No carbs at night. Eat often- at least every three to four hours- cheese string with cherry tomatoes; apples and plain yogurt, peanut butter on whole wheat no fat crackers; 8 almonds;

Anyhow, this may help. Oh, and I lived on those 30 calorie Tofutti bars (chocolate or coffee, in the freezer section)

Best of luck

happyone

Post Mon, Aug 04 2008, 3:36 pm
Try "losing" the weight instead of "loosing" it. that might help Wink
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise