Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Cover up for holes in skin

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 24 2023, 8:44 pm
I have some holes on my face that we're caused by acne. Eventually one day I hope to repair it with laser perhaps.
But in the mean time, is there something I can use to fill in the skin and then apply makeup on that?
Because just a layer of makeup doesn't work well. You can still see the holes and scars.

amother
Cappuccino

Post Wed, Oct 25 2023, 9:53 am
amother OP wrote:
I have some holes on my face that we're caused by acne. Eventually one day I hope to repair it with laser perhaps.
But in the mean time, is there something I can use to fill in the skin and then apply makeup on that?
Because just a layer of makeup doesn't work well. You can still see the holes and scars.

Maybe a primer would help.

mattel25

Post Thu, Oct 26 2023, 5:42 am
I second the primer suggestion. A couple that have worked for me: Tarte timeless smoothing primer and Clarins Instant Smooth Perfecting Touch primer. Using the smallest concealer brush apply the primer in the pitted/indented scars to fill them out and then over them to smooth them out. Also avoid shiny/dewey foundations, shimmery blushes and highlighters as they catch the light and call attention to any texture in skin like pitted scars. Opt for matte formulas that stop light reflecting off the problem areas. Lastly, use the stippling technique to apply concealer, foundation and powder - this technique uses a stippling brush to apply the product in tiny dots to the skin surface using a woodpecking motion instead of a sweeping circular motion, you can look up tutorials for this on youtube.

amother
Hyssop

Post Thu, Oct 26 2023, 6:29 am
Use niacinimide and retinol to shrink them

evi

Post Mon, Oct 30 2023, 10:36 pm
Try a stick concealer, like the Maybelline new York cover stick concealer. It's thick so actually covers things. Then a light layer of your usual foundation on top. Make sure to wash it off before bed.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 05 2023, 1:30 pm
amother Hyssop wrote:
Use niacinimide and retinol to shrink them

Hi any specific brand or product?

amother
Stoneblue

Post Sun, Nov 05 2023, 2:06 pm
I saw recently you can actually buy face stickers to cover spots and blend into the skin.

Maybe it would work for you.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 05 2023, 4:06 pm
amother Stoneblue wrote:
I saw recently you can actually buy face stickers to cover spots and blend into the skin.

Where did you see that?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 05 2023, 10:58 pm
amother Stoneblue wrote:

Are you referring to this
https://www.amazon.com/Mighty-.....psc=1
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics