Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Is Dr Surowitz no longer using Monmouth?
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Green

Post Sun, Nov 05 2023, 9:35 pm
amother Ghostwhite wrote:
Monmouth has a Nicu and jersey shore doesnt if chas veshalam there is an issue with the baby and you need Nicu you want to be in Monmouth

This is false. Jersey Shore has a fantastic nicu.

amother
Sapphire

Post Sun, Nov 05 2023, 11:32 pm
Dr. Surowitz told me that she is no longer using Monmouth, because it is farther from Lakewood and also tends to have much more traffic (as it is located within a city) as compared to Jersey Shore, which is closer and almost never traffic. She said some of her patients did not actually make it to the hospital, and delivered on the way.

I have delivered at both Jersey Shore and Monmouth. They both have great NICUs and generally wonderful staff. Monmouth is a little more frum friendly- they try to accommodate you, kosher food selection is better.
Jersey Shore officially is "baby friendly" so they encourage rooming in. They do have a baby nursery, but several times when I tried to send my baby, they said there was no nurse there (they needed the baby nurse in the NICU, or whatever reason). Jersey Shore also did not accommodate me when I preferred to stay until after Shabbos (late Thurs. delivery, so technically Shabbos AM discharge; they couldn't promise me that I would stay in my room and they told me I may have to wait with my baby and all my things in the lobby from the official discharge time until after Shabbos... obviously I left Friday afternoon).

amother
Cornsilk

Post Sun, Nov 05 2023, 11:50 pm
I just delivered with Dr. Surowitz in Monmouth. Couldn't be happier!

amother
Cerulean

Post Mon, Nov 06 2023, 7:55 am
amother Cornsilk wrote:
I just delivered with Dr. Surowitz in Monmouth. Couldn't be happier!

Dr surowitz herself?? Or her group? I recently delivered there (September) with her team and was told ( only when I got to the hospital) that she herself doesn't deliver there for a while already. I was upset because I recently switched to her group and didn't know that there was no chance of having her for delivery at Monmouth. I felt misled.

amother
Cerulean

Post Mon, Nov 06 2023, 7:58 am
Oh, and I was told by them the reason for the switch to Jersey shore is due to distance/traffic from the birth center in case someone at the birth center needs to switch/be transported to the hospital.

Fyi - I was recently in Jersey Shore with my baby and was told that they are proud to be pacifier free - so if you deliver there and want a pacifier, you need to bring your own...

amother
Moonstone

Post Mon, Nov 06 2023, 8:22 am
A close relative of mine recently used this group and had a really awful experience (not with Dr Surowitz herself, but with one of the midwives, who really messed up and who had an attitude toward them).
I would be fine with a mod passing my screenname to anyone who would find this info l'toeles and wants to pm me.

amother
Ghostwhite

Post Mon, Nov 06 2023, 9:14 am
amother Green wrote:
This is false. Jersey Shore has a fantastic nicu.

Did Jersey shore always have a Nicu? When I was having my first (almost 16 years ago) I was told only Monmouth had a nicu not brick Toms River, kimball (these were the days of dr feinberg at kimball). Did anyone use Jersey Shore then? Dr giovine delivered my first (dr surowitz wasn’t around then) I remember her working at dr giovione around 2010

Lakewoodgal

Post Mon, Nov 06 2023, 9:36 am
amother Moonstone wrote:
A close relative of mine recently used this group and had a really awful experience (not with Dr Surowitz herself, but with one of the midwives, who really messed up and who had an attitude toward them).
I would be fine with a mod passing my screenname to anyone who would find this info l'toeles and wants to pm me.

Can u pm me please?

Sebastian

Post Mon, Nov 06 2023, 9:42 am
Jersey shore has the only childrens hospital in the area. Of course they have a nicu

amother
Cerulean

Post Mon, Nov 06 2023, 11:59 am
amother Ghostwhite wrote:
Did Jersey shore always have a Nicu? When I was having my first (almost 16 years ago) I was told only Monmouth had a nicu not brick Toms River, kimball (these were the days of dr feinberg at kimball). Did anyone use Jersey Shore then? Dr giovine delivered my first (dr surowitz wasn’t around then) I remember her working at dr giovione around 2010

What you are saying is false also. To clarify - All of those hospitals have/had a nicu, but they weren't a level 3.
Monmouth and Jersey shore both have a level 3 NICU. St. Peter's has a level 4, which is the highest level.

mig100

Post Mon, Nov 06 2023, 12:10 pm
amother Moonstone wrote:

can you pm me

Unigala

Post Mon, Nov 06 2023, 12:16 pm
didnt read through so could be someone responded.

I was told that the other drs and midwives still can deliver at Monmouth if you want dr surowitz herself she is at jersey shore..

for the record jersey shore does have a NICU it may be a lower level then the one at Monmouth but certainly enough for a regular birth.

Sunflower11

Post Mon, Nov 06 2023, 12:19 pm
amother Moonstone wrote:

Can you please pm me as well? Thank you

Unigala

Post Mon, Nov 06 2023, 12:40 pm
amother Moonstone wrote:

I just want to say that in every practice in Lakewood there are horror stories and not every birth will be smooth and not every midwive/dr/nurse is amazing.

mig100

Post Mon, Nov 06 2023, 12:53 pm
Unigala wrote:
I just want to say that in every practice in Lakewood there are horror stories and not every birth will be smooth and not every midwive/dr/nurse is amazing.

This is very true and the nature of large practices. Thats why more details are neccessary. for all you know, that midwife is no longer with her practice

Notsobusy

Post Mon, Nov 06 2023, 12:53 pm
amother Kiwi wrote:
I used a different hospital and every person I talk to in Lakewood thinks I’m mentally deficient. I’m from out of town though and I like picking my own doctors and hospitals.

I'm living here over 20 years and there are always people who use other hospitals. Jersey Shore, Brick, RWJ, Hackensack, Freehold, some go to NYC or Philly, I'm sure I'm missing some. Not sure what you're talking about.

amother
Moonstone

Post Mon, Nov 06 2023, 3:21 pm
Unigala wrote:

Yes absolutely. But this was a case of negligence.

amother
Moonstone

Post Mon, Nov 06 2023, 3:22 pm
mig100 wrote:
This is very true and the nature of large practices. Thats why more details are neccessary. for all you know, that midwife is no longer with her practice

I would be happy to hear that. It was very recent.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries