Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
This video cracked me up
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Junglegreen

Post Tue, Nov 07 2023, 11:54 am
qwerty4 wrote:
There is only a very short window where you can't cross by foot because the traffic is too dense. For the rest of the day, the streets are closed for cleaning, but anyone can get across.

It's not such a short window. It's a good 3-4 hours, and on a very busy timing as well.

qwerty4

Post Tue, Nov 07 2023, 12:37 pm
amother Junglegreen wrote:
I disagree. People shouldn't have to find a different alternative. Especially the elderly. It's not a normal thing to block off one of the busiest streets in a very busy neighborhood.

Every major city has a marathon.
We live in NYC, we dont own it.

amother
Junglegreen

Post Tue, Nov 07 2023, 12:39 pm
qwerty4 wrote:
Every major city has a marathon.
We live in NYC, we dont own it.

This doesn't mean that we're not allowed to cross the marathon. Sometimes it's unavoidable.
We don't own NYC, but we do pay a crazy amount of taxes. So I will cross Bedford if I need to.

amother
Azure

Post Tue, Nov 07 2023, 12:48 pm
amother Lavender wrote:
I understand your frustration, but why don’t you pity the runners one bit? Is it their fault? They trained and Put in a lot of effort and work here….

Would it bother you if someone blocks the street for a hachnasas Sefer Torah and a bunch of people come to disturb it because they see no reason the street should be closed?

You can be upset at the situation, and have empathy!

Really now. Streets are blocked off for almost half of a day when there's hachnoses sefer torah?! There's one in my area min about once in 6 weeks. And there isn't such a mob blocking it off for that long. Maybe it's about time to change the marathon route.
Can't open video. But what's wrong with people running along while trying to cross?

qwerty4

Post Tue, Nov 07 2023, 1:55 pm
amother Junglegreen wrote:
This doesn't mean that we're not allowed to cross the marathon. Sometimes it's unavoidable.
We don't own NYC, but we do pay a crazy amount of taxes. So I will cross Bedford if I need to.

Sure, if you can cross the way those people in the video are crossing, that makes sense.
But if you are going to cross in a way which would either cause you to be hit by a runner or stop them, you're wrong.

amother
Junglegreen

Post Tue, Nov 07 2023, 2:00 pm
qwerty4 wrote:
Sure, if you can cross the way those people in the video are crossing, that makes sense.
But if you are going to cross in a way which would either cause you to be hit by a runner or stop them, you're wrong.

Most of us are pretty experienced in crossing the marathon by now.
Police officers even help people across.

amother
Azure

Post Tue, Nov 07 2023, 2:55 pm
qwerty4 wrote:

When the running gets heavy, it's impossible to cross without running along with the runners. So I assume whoevers crossing at that point is running.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics